New info from the BNW pre-load (July 2nd 2013)

according to a preview, the ikanda gives +1 movement and more combat strength but who knows
Apparantly, there are also a set of unique promotions - Bull's Horns, Bull's Chest, Bull's Loins - related to the Ikanda. We don't know what these do yet, I think.
I see something about Austrian UA, something about 5 turn.
could somebody verify it?
This was added in one of the recent GnK patches in order to tweak Austria a bit - they need to be allies for 5 turns before they can marry a CS.

Apparantly, there are also a set of unique promotions - Bull's Horns, Bull's Chest, Bull's Loins - related to the Ikanda. We don't know what these do yet, I think.
Heh, I just saw Zulu! a few weeks ago. Those terms refer to Impi formations: the Chest was the main line that engaged the enemy, the Loins was the reserve in the rear, and the Horns were wings that flanked the enemy.

Heh, I just saw Zulu! a few weeks ago. Those terms refer to Impi formations: the Chest was the main line that engaged the enemy, the Loins was the reserve in the rear, and the Horns were wings that flanked the enemy.

In which case we can probably assume these are offensive (Chest), defensive (loins) and flanking (Horns) bonuses.

In which case we can probably assume these are offensive (Chest), defensive (loins) and flanking (Horns) bonuses.

Not exactly; I'd assumed these were Zulu bonuses, but wasn't aware of the connection AriochIV had mentioned. Here's how it works:

First promotion: Buffalo chest - gives these bonuses:
<OpenAttack>10</OpenAttack>
<OpenDefense>10</OpenDefense>
<FlankAttackModifier>25</FlankAttackModifier>
<RangedDefenseMod>10</RangedDefenseMod>

Second promotion, which requires Buffalo chest: Buffalo Loins - gives these bonuses:
<OpenAttack>10</OpenAttack>
<OpenDefense>10</OpenDefense>
<RoughDefense>10</RoughDefense>
<RoughAttack>10</RoughAttack>

Third promotion is for the Impi only; an inherent trait which is not available with XP points: Buffalo horns - gives these bonuses:
<MovesChange>1</MovesChange>

You really don't want to send your melee against those impi... Germany landsknecht would only serve the purpose of making them stronger...

I want to know if the music played while playing as Brazil European (like the United States) or (native) American to match its architecture.

If you can (or someone) tell me where that is defined I'm more than happy, as I'm wondering the same (so I can see if I have the appropriate civs chosen for my 12 player hotseat game)

It should be the one in the civilization xml

ARTSTYLE_SOUTH_AMERICA

Brazil has this tag, same as Iroquois, Aztects, Soshone and so on.

I know this is only focusing on the BNW Pre-load, but there is nothing that actually states what music it plays, for exampel :

From God and Kings this is for Carthage
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ROME</ArtDefineTag>
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN</ArtStyleType>
<ArtStyleSuffix>_MED</ArtStyleSuffix>
<ArtStylePrefix>MEDITERRANEAN </ArtStylePrefix>

Yet Dido gets African music.

Ok.... Found it, the music is defined in the Sounds/XML and are listed under the Civname files (as opposed to leaders).

This is the music that will be played for each civ :

Assyria - African
Brazil - European
Indonesia - Asian
Morocco - African
Poland - European
Portugal - European
Shoshone - American
Venice - European
Zulu - African

Brazil having (native) American architecture but European music is interesting, just like Huns having Asian architecture but European music, as well as the aforementioned Carthage.

Polynesia has the reskinned Asian architecture (as Oceanic architecture) and (native) American music.

Watching MadDjinn's stream of the Scramble for Africa scenario, I saw the "an EXPLORER from France has discovered Lake Victoria. The civ gets 300 victory points" (along these lines). Is there a new EXPLORER unit? Could anyone please check for the unit in the game files?

Watching MadDjinn's stream of the Scramble for Africa scenario, I saw the "an EXPLORER from France has discovered Lake Victoria. The civ gets 300 victory points" (along these lines). Is there a new EXPLORER unit? Could anyone please check for the unit in the game files?
In SFA there is ;) (this was already known, I believe :) )

Brazil having (native) American architecture but European music is interesting, just like Huns having Asian architecture but European music, as well as the aforementioned Carthage.

Polynesia has the reskinned Asian architecture (as Oceanic architecture) and (native) American music.

Strangely enough Polynesia does not have a music defined, yet it does play American music.. which I find strange.

I get the feeling that some are discovering scenarios for the first time. Going back to (at least) Civ3, scenarios can be a totally redesigned game - all with unique civs, units, tree, victories, etc. None of them may have any bearing on the regular game. Thta's what made Civ2/Civ4/Civ5 scenarios interesting - they feel like totally new games.

Top Bottom