1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Leader: Adolf Hitler

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Saketh, Aug 18, 2006.

1. cobains disease

cobains disease Chieftain

Hitler wasnt going to destroy britain. at first he actually wanted an alliance with them because they were of "nordic" decent. In the end he decided to install Edward the VIII as pupet king.

2. Point13

Point13 Like a ton of bricks!

Yea, plus he wanted Cambridge as his estate which is why it was never bombed during the war.

3. CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight Warlord

Got Hitler working fine on my computer with all my other mods. However, there seems to be the same error that occurred with Mehmed on one of my housemates stupid computer. This is annoying as I want to play him multiplayer with Hitler as an AI. Does anyone know what actually was wrong with Mehmed before the 2.08 Warlords patch so that I can see if I can fix Hitler the same way? I assume it is graphical since the Mehmed fix contains graphic files only.

4. dazman92

dazman92 Gabba Gabba Hey!

Agg/Chr seems like the ultimate war combo...yes, i know i stated the obvious.

5. dazman92

dazman92 Gabba Gabba Hey!

i also tried Hitler with 2.08 and got the Mehemed problem. WTF?

6. Gerald DOMINIQU

Gerald DOMINIQU Chieftain

I can do it in french if you like or if necessary.
    Gérald

7. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

The pic doesn't work.

8. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

need to fix the hitler button graphic saketh, it has a red background and looks too much like napoleon. It's good how you got him ingame though, works fine on my comp

9. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

he could have some better quotes ingame aswell

10. bigbill2006

bigbill2006 Chieftain

hi guys i play with a few mods but i was wondering if there is anyway i can add your a/hitler in them and how? please help
    :goodjob:

11. Mozza

Mozza Prince

Apparently he believed that there could be a great sea empire and a great land empire, but they couldn't be the same, he thought Britain would support him because of the old rivalry with France. What he didn't count on was Britain's policy of trying to maintain the status quo in Europe.

12. tbarg86

tbarg86 Chieftain

I know that no ones written on this forum for awhile, but if your still subscribed then listen.
    Is there a BtS version on this?? and does everything now work with the patches??\

THanks,

13. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

I actually like this mod. Wasn`t Hitler in the very first civilization?

Anyway, I`d play this mod to fight against him, so for many of you who think we want to be him - no. This is another reason why in a particular flight sim I have enabled swastikas, not to fly Reich, but to fly the Allies fighting them. It`s so much satisfying watching a 109 going down with a swastika on its tail!

Couple of notes about Hitler...

He wasn`t going to wipe out England, he was simply going to assimilate it after getting rid of undesirables (Jews, Blacks, Gypsies, anyone who disagreed).

He did however intend to raise leningrad (by flooding) and I believe he would have done the same to moscow. Chances are he probably would`ve eradicated Stalingrad too had he finally taken it - he truly hated that place. He also raised many small russian villages. He also razed to the ground a small French village because some resistance killed one of his high-ranking nazi officers. So he being a razer is not too far off the mark, he wasn`t against wiping things out if it annoyed him.

14. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

This is wrong. Hitler was creative only in that he was a bit of an artist before he became dictater and even his art wasn`t very creative. Once in power he actually curtailed all artwork except what HE liked, so his art was technically nice, but very sterile actually reduicing creativity. So Hitler should have no creativity or even a minus in that.

Perhaps though he could gain a plus in invention since by the end of the war he outmatched the Allies in technology, the Jet, the tank, even weapons and nearly could have had the atom bomb!

The new unit could be called the Waffen SS tank division, perhaps or SS unit. Perhaps they would be his best troops out of all his others. And +2 for Superhuman would be stupid since he tried to create superhumans, but they weren`t. They were just Humans who thought they were super, there`s a big difference.

15. tbarg86

tbarg86 Chieftain

i cant get it to work!! can someone help

16. omarshaheen

omarshaheen Veteran

17. omarshaheen

omarshaheen Veteran

Well, I can claim to know a bit about Hitler, one thing is for sure folks; history is rarely fair to those who lose, let alone something like a world war. Here are the facts I know from a massive 24 volume WWII Encyclopedia (World War II Encyclopedia - Printed in the US by Orbis Publishing Limited 1978), and you be the judge, my own opinion is at the end:

- He was on the verge of winning "the battle for Britain - the air war" when the British armed forces would have been wiped out in a flash had he been able to transport his troops to Britain. This is due to the overstretching of the British army that had a significantly low number of units at home, they mainly relied on their home fleet, which Hitler planned to destroy once he'd crushed their air force.
    Hitler's strategy focused on the British HQ for the Royal Air force, which was being depleted by the day, the number of Pilots lost daily was huge and at this stage in the war Britain appeared to be on the path to losing the air war, and this was apparently a real threat because loosing the skies would mean losing the navy shortly afterwards, and later Britain would be as accessible to Hitler as ever.
    To avoid that, and knowing that Hitler will have to respond in kind, Churchill ordered the bombing of Berlin, picking some lousy excuse, (this is the assessment of the writer - An American Colonel - Eddy Bauer). Accordingly, the Luftwaffe (German air force) was partially diverted to respond to the British Atrocity against the Citizens of Berlin (who until then never saw any part of the action as far as WWII was concerned).

- Dunkirk Evacuation: Hitler could have imprisoned more than 300 thousand British soldiers evacuated from continental Europe when France and Belgium were falling (many of whom would later return on 1944), yet, he chose not to cut off their escape route, some say this could only be interpreted as a good will gesture to Britain, potentially seeking a diplomatic resolution (after all it was the UK and France that declared war on him).

- Technology: According to the encyclopedia (published 30 years ago), Hitler’s engineers had developed an array of smart weapon systems, has managed to develop Ballistic missiles at the time when electronics were still in their early evolution, and had an edge in their military aircraft technology, some of the models I saw are almost identical to stealth bomber, and the thunderbolt ground attack aircraft, that is judging by the photos that was published in that encyclopedia only.
    On the other hand, their ground vehicles like the Tiger Tanks were unchallenged on the battlefield, a story was told about one tank ace destroying over 20 tracked armors and vehicles in less than 5 minutes.

To me these assessment coming from esteemed American military experts and historians (30 years ago) is worth revisiting the way the media paints this man today as being an extreme lunatic, at least, he had the logic and the sense to make compromises, and the foresight to plan his technological superiority over his enemies, qualities that are not normally associated with lunatics.
    On the other hand his personal disgust for Jews, might be more explainable taking into account that he witnessed the way victory in world war one slipped away from Germany due to the intervention of the US on the side of the UK/France at that time, that intervention was largely blamed on the Jews who were convinced by the British that if they did that they would be rewarded with a state of their own (a promise that was later honored). The humiliating defeat for the Germans during the first world war, and the Jewish role in this defeat, when Germany had the moral edge (in WW I), was probably the reason why he came to hate them so much, that said, of course nothing justifies what he had allegedly done, I for one believe that there is no smoke without a fire, so even though some would consider the Holocaust exaggerated, to me killing a hundred, a thousand, or a million is the same, as long as they're innocent.
    In a wider sense, we haven't seen anybody having a technological edge and the will to use this edge against civilians (under any pretext) since Hitler, that is probably until G.W. Bush came to power! and if we would take the time to compare, I think that Bush would do Hitler a lot of face lifting if put side to side with him :)

18. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Well, it`s easy for the media to paint Hitler as nuts, but even today`s historical books are pretty accurate about him, maybe more so. He was a pretty shrewed and clever man who also got lucky in that he was at the right place at the right time (for him).

It was only later once he started losing the war that he began to lose the plot, trying to micromanage the war and refusing to listen to his advisers.

Also, as for BOB, while Britain was on the ropes, it`s highly questionable whether the Brits dropped bombs on Berlin on purpose or accidentally. Some historians say it was an accident. To be honest, bombers shouldn`t have even got close, guess the Luftwaffe were asleep. Whatever, if Hitler had kept his brains he could`ve ignored that pinprick and probably won the BOB. Of course winning BOB is still a far cry from actually occupying Britain...

Anyway, while your post is a little history lesson, you don`t say how you feel this should affect Hitler`s character in game. I don`t think it changes my view on how his stats should be.

19. omarshaheen

omarshaheen Veteran

Allies, like any other nation at war were willing to make terrible compromises as far as ethics are concerned, it wasn't just the atom bomb, Germany got several atom bombs worth of destruction through carpet bombings that targeted cities that were not willing to surrender, as well as industrial centers like Dresden, Allies and Axis alike contributed to the staggering death toll of WWII. So though he is more willing to attack weaker nations, there is no exemption from an ethical point of view to be made to his adversaries. In fact the horrors of Hiroshima could easily match the description of a Holocaust.
    My point is, leave ethics out of it when you put the stats, that's the important bit, as for his ability to be creative, this is an established fact, leadership plays a pivotal role in brining the required experience and resources to where its needed most (I’m an engineer and I know that first hand), and from what I've seen through the material presented in that encyclopedia, whether we accept it or not Hitler played a pivotal role in defining warfare as we know it today, from wire-guided bombs,... to rockets and jetfighters (yes, the first were German). The military German genius in creation was at its maximum during his reign to the extent that they found ways to build aircraft from non-strategic materials (due to limited supplies) and using un-experienced labor. So, to get back to your point, I would recommend reflecting the following in his stats:
    - Expansionist
    - Scientific
    - Industrial
    - Charismatic

20. m9x

m9x Warlord

I'd rather make Hitler "Aggressive, Organized" to be honest. he wasn't too charismatic in the true sense of it. he only used propaganda.