New Leader: Adolf Hitler

hey could someone show me a hitler compatible with BtS 3.17?

The art should be compatible with any game. There's a Hitler in the database that a bunch of us worked on and you should check it out because its the best one so far. As far as the XML code goes there are tutorials to show you how to do that part.

The art should be compatible with any game. There's a Hitler in the database that a bunch of us worked on and you should check it out because its the best one so far. As far as the XML code goes there are tutorials to show you how to do that part.

oh really (thank god you responded so quickly) um......ok i got the art......where do i put it and could you PLEASE show me the XML you use to put him in Germany please? (i bet your going to reference me to a tutorial) but the thing is theres a grid of leader pictures and i saw that and if i dont include that it wont work so how do i add hitler to that grid?

oh really (thank god you responded so quickly) um......ok i got the art......where do i put it and could you PLEASE show me the XML you use to put him in Germany please? (i bet your going to reference me to a tutorial) but the thing is theres a grid of leader pictures and i saw that and if i dont include that it wont work so how do i add hitler to that grid?

I'm actually not going to reference you to a tutorial, I am going to tell you to find it yourself. That's how I did it and I made a whole mod. You should really just learn to use the XML on your own because you will pick up on so much so quickly by doing that. Also there are like six files you need to edit and if you think anyone is going to sit here and tell you what to do for SIX FILES you are out of your mind. You have to alter the civilzation infos files to add Hitler to Germany so the leader shows up, then you have to edit the leaderhead infos file to put in his personality music art etc., then you have to edit the artdefines leaderhead so he has art files, then you have to edit the diplomacy text so he has diplomacy text, then you have to edit the game text so he has a civilopedia entry and a name. I think there's one more I can't remember off the top of my head, but if you just look throught eh fiels its relatively apparent which ones need to be atlered. Its pretty straightforward once you go into those files, if you can't figure it out just pick up a tutorial and actually read it. I know it sucks but how do you think the rest of us learned?

I'm actually not going to reference you to a tutorial, I am going to tell you to find it yourself. That's how I did it and I made a whole mod. You should really just learn to use the XML on your own because you will pick up on so much so quickly by doing that. Also there are like six files you need to edit and if you think anyone is going to sit here and tell you what to do for SIX FILES you are out of your mind. You have to alter the civilzation infos files to add Hitler to Germany so the leader shows up, then you have to edit the leaderhead infos file to put in his personality music art etc., then you have to edit the artdefines leaderhead so he has art files, then you have to edit the diplomacy text so he has diplomacy text, then you have to edit the game text so he has a civilopedia entry and a name. I think there's one more I can't remember off the top of my head, but if you just look throught eh fiels its relatively apparent which ones need to be atlered. Its pretty straightforward once you go into those files, if you can't figure it out just pick up a tutorial and actually read it. I know it sucks but how do you think the rest of us learned?

well i got that now but the thing is.....i did everything i think i should have done except the art....i did everything that i think i should have done in a tutorial i saw but all i get is a pink little square and when the actual graphics for him is supposed to show the game crashes........why dont you just.....give me a copy of your XML that includes Hitler.....please? :( im just a noob at this......and also someone should.....some one should archive and make a complete compilation of all things that have to do with modding these things

There is a list of tutorials that involve leaderheads in my leaderhead gallery. And a link to that in my signature. Just follow that.

Top Bottom