new leader head: Darth Vader

nEo

Chieftain
Ok here we go. Here is darth vader leader head created so far for Star Wars mod. I tried to model him to have same style as existing leader heads in the game, and also tried to keep same look as existing units. Working on animation too for the diplomatic popup window. All six main heads are here, also have to make smaller versions and the round version version as well. THe picture behind him is in the hangar inside the death star.

Now only 15 heads left to go!!!!
I'll post all files together when I finish the animation in higher resolution PCX format. THanks for any comments questions etc.

This really should be in creation & custimation

That's an incredible job. but if you make the defeated version of him why not expose part of his head like in the movie

Originally posted by Dzasta16
But if you make the defeated version of him why not expose part of his head like in the movie
I'll second that, but other than that, I think this is completely excellent!
G-R-E-A-T job there nEo...

Thought of that too but don't have any good photos of the interior face of darth vader to model by. Helps a lot to have good photos to model from. Wouldnt want it lookin like some average joe shmoe bald guy now would ya? :)

If you find good pictures of interior darth send em my way and I could try to model him. It'd look pretty sweeet in my opinion.

Well thanks for comments. Downloadable files coming in a few days.

Darth Vader 3D Animated Leaderhead Ver. 1.0 available now. Please anyone that knows how to use it test it for me to make sure it works.

Darth Vader LeaderHead ver. 1.0
Author: Neil (nEo) Johnson
Date of Release: 3/09/02
Download Size 5.4MB

DV_1.zip
Download will be available for 10 days only on my server!!

Description:
This leaderhead was modeled and animated in Alias / Wavefront Maya. The original purpose was for the Civilization III Star Wars Mod but it is free to use in other mods as well as long as credit is given where due. Other versions will follow in future including eventually a Conquered still featuring the darkside Annakin Skywalker. New versions will be posted both on the StarWars: A New Mod website (will be up shortly) or on the Civilization Fanatics Forums. THanks

What is included:
4 FLC animations, 143 frames each:
- DV_01.flc
- DV_02.flc
- DV_A01.flc
- DV_A02.flc

Civilopedia Images:
ImperialLARGE.pcx
ImperialSMALL.pcx

Leaderhead Images:
DV_SHAP.pcx
DV_ANG.pcx
DV_SKIS.pcx
DV_CONQ.pcx
DV_CULT.pcx
DV_KIS.pcx
DV.pcx
DV_HAP.pcx
DV_CONQ_L.pcx
DV_CULTB.pcx

Advisor Image:
DV_all.pcx

Installation:
To use as a new race modifications to the Civilization .bic files will need to be made. All files are provided as-is and I am under no liability for anything going wrong. Use your own discretion and always backup old files before using.

To overwrite an existing race with the Darth Vader Leaderhead change the names of the included files to correspond with whatever race you want. (May be some discrepancies with the animation since all leaderheads use different numbers of frames for the flc animations).

Unzip to their corresponding folders:

FLC files to ...\CivilizationIII\Art\Flics
Civilopedia Files to ...\CivilizationIII\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Races
Leaderhead Images to ...\CivilizationIII\Art\leaderheads
Advisor Images to ...\CivilizationIII\Art\Advisors

Problems, Comments, Questions?
I can be reached at visim14@hotmail.com

WOW! looks great nEo. I had a little trouble getting it to work, though after optimizing the .flc's in animation shop, they worked. Love the background difference. I thought of another thing to show different ages. If you watch the movies closely, you will notice the chain for his cape changes color in each movie. It is black in the first(think this is the order) dark-gold in the second and silver in the third. :D

Sweet glad it works. Perhaps TPA if there would be a way to post your retweaked flc's instead of mine. I rendered in maya, then brought the stills into AfterEffects and then created the FLCs in Adobe Premiere. Might have been some palatte issues or something.

If you can think of any interior death star or good imperial type photos to use in the bg (i like ones inside the deathstar with space) I can make 4 versions for each time period. That chain idea is good too, never noticed that. Looks like I got some ideas for version 1.1 :) Do you have fast internet TPA? Cuz when I get mine next week sometime I can send FLC's to ya so you can redo them if u want. Let me know.

Yes, i have a cable modem and ill look for more pics of darth vader. I'll post up the new .flcs when i finish changing the palate.

Woo, bunch of people must have been trying to download this because it broke its 3 gig bandwidth today :D

Thats GREAT. Hope ppl like it.

Trying to decide what leader head is next, that was a bit more tedious than I thought. Whoever is next I need as good pics as with Vader to really do a good job.

As soon as one of the dudes gets back to me on the website I will get that up first. Then tackle next project and finish that damn AT-AT :)

How long did it take u tpa to convert to the new palatte? Thanks too for puttin new versions up.

Only a couple minutes, mainly because i used the palate for my nebulan b frigate. I will also start looking for new pictures soon. Im thinking that maybe Boba Fett should be next, because that should be easier than the other ones, that way you have more time to work on other things (like the website :D )

Is your Darth Vader mod file available anywhere currently? Thanks for any help; great work btw

Great job. As soon as your 3 gig bandwidth cap is reset, I will download the leaderhead (if i get to it before the 3 gig is reached again).

With your permission, I will add the leaderhead to my collection with your name on it. Currently, my Civ3 section is not open to the public, but should be sometime within this week. Since I own my own server, there is no daily caps, no restrictions other than the 15K upload max, which most people dont mind.

Thanks

GIDustin

I cant seem to download it, wow that is so cool, what a cool letterhead!

Top Bottom