New Leader Hint! (Looks like Shaka)

Could be Cunhambebe. It probably isn't. On the whole, I think they are teasing the return of Shaka because they know how popular he is. But again, we don't know for sure yet.

SHAKA!!!! The Zulu are confirmed! Hopefully this is in preparation for their HD video they are putting together!

My guess is this is from the new video, doubt it's from an actual leader scene or concept art to have that much visible shadow without anything else. Should be interesting.

I'm sorry but lolwut?

So the "actual leader scene" isn't the game?

He said it could be from the new opening game movie, not from a leaderscreen. You mis-read.

EDIT: Really excited to have Shaka close to being confirmed. There's nothing else I want from the expansion now besides Italy not making it in.

Guys, we all know its shaka. i mean, he was almost certainly going to be added, and this shadow is a dead ringer for him. frankly, i'm happy as he was always fun to play, and my only real gripe is that i wish they would have announced another civ that was less likely to get in before this one, which we all knew was coming.

My guess is this is from the new video, doubt it's from an actual leader scene or concept art to have that much visible shadow without anything else. Should be interesting.

I was wondering about that too. The leader screens are usually portrait-like. If the view were angled in such a way to perceive the ground near the subject's feet, it would place the subject at an awkward perspective. It would be like you're looking down at Shaka, which doesn't make sense.

I don't think it's concept art, because it appears to be computer generated. I'm thinking this is a clip from the new intro movie.

I bet it's gonna be Shaka Zulu. Just look at the spearpoint, it looks typical Zulu to me.

And here comes the themesong from the late 80's series of Shaka Zulu ;)

Link to video.

I'm sorry but lolwut?

So the "actual leader scene" isn't the game?

No, not what I said. I think this scene is not close up of a piece of concept art (think Gustavus last year) nor a part of an actual leader screen you'll interact with (too large with too little showing). I think this is from the movie that will precede BNW, just as the trailer for Civ V showed not a single actual clip of a leader but scenes from the opening cinematic.

I hope this is from a trailer we'll be getting soon and I hope we'll see more then just Shaka in that trailer.:please:

Remember that post from a few months back where the person named their spearmen after Britney Spears songs? That's a person with a spear.

IT'S BRITNEY SPEARS

Noooooo!

Liex said: "Just saw that... people's favorite warmonger is back."

Fan service. Shaka is not the most interesting african leader, and the Zulus are not the most interesting civ in Africa. There was so many interesting civs... And BOOM, still one of these old civs.

I hope the other unknown civs will be more interesting. Assyra is fine. Brazil is really cool, and Poland also. Zulu is just for fans. Portugal... well... why not. We really need an other African leader, but more original and charismatic. I really hope a Zimbabwe civ. Because the Zulus just came there in the XIXth century... The people who came into contact with the Portuguese in South Africa is not the Zulu people. Mwene Mutapa Kapararidze woud be an interesting leader.

The shadow is actually perfectly plausible for it to be a leader scene. The picture's pixellation implies it has been magnified, which is where confusion may arise from.

Top Bottom