New Let's Plays

I really hope you start spamming some battlesuits and finish off that kangaroo hugger.

I really hope you start spamming some battlesuits and finish off that kangaroo hugger.

He did - hopefully part five will be up soon. :)

@Krikkit - isn't it 1 for normal speed and .75 for quick?

He did - hopefully part five will be up soon. :)

@Krikkit - isn't it 1 for normal speed and .75 for quick?

??? If the health per population varies with Gamespeed, the I have to get some of whatever the devs are on. There is no reason whatever for health per pop to be based on gamespeed.
And it would be especially wierd if you had pop limited local health on top of that.

In any case its 0.75 health/pop in Mads game and I don't think he is on quick speed.

Nah as far as we know happiness follow a similar system to civ5 being independent of speed but dependent on map size.

Huh, didn't know this stuff didn't scale with gamespeed, I always play standard. And yes, Krikkit, MD is playing on standard size and speed (just checked).

Btw, he notes there is a "science" satellite towards the end, probably gives +1 sci on tiles..

Huh, didn't know this stuff didn't scale with gamespeed, I always play standard. And yes, Krikkit, MD is playing on standard size and speed (just checked).

Btw, he notes there is a "science" satellite towards the end, probably gives +1 sci on tiles..

The Lasercom sat gives 25% science to the city its over.

I really hope they know what they're doing with low health not being that severe especially at the beginning. The biggest limiting factor on your growth/expansion was happiness because getting even -1 for long was catastrophic. Let's hope the incentives to stay healthy justify the investment in practice.

Well the tall civs will stay healthy should have an lead on technology and culture in comparison to the wide civs. Curious how big of an impact the expansion delays will have on a long term game? Will the technology costs increase with a wide civ and negative health be noticeable? In civ V mass expanding early was the best option for the harder difficulties.

The Solar Gamer just posted Episode 3 in his Slavic Fed game.

Yep its Friday I expect him to post another one Monday too.

The Solar Gamer just posted Episode 3 in his Slavic Fed game.

Looks like miasma clearing is a relatively fast worker task. 3 turns to clear miasma compared to 10 to build a mine on a forested hill (5 for forest clearing, 5 for mine I'm assuming)

Another observation:

Even though the Slavic Fed's Miasmic Repulsor satellite is in orbit for 12 Turns (instead of the normal 10), it clears all the Miasma on turn 10, meaning you can de-orbit it at that point. I was hoping this was the case b/c otherwise it would make the Slavic Fed's UA a bit of a detriment in certain cases.

Another observation:

Even though the Slavic Fed's Miasmic Repulsor satellite is in orbit for 12 Turns (instead of the normal 10), it clears all the Miasma on turn 10, meaning you can de-orbit it at that point. I was hoping this was the case b/c otherwise it would make the Slavic Fed's UA a bit of a detriment in certain cases.
Orbital units provide sight so sometimes extended life could be good.

Orbital units provide sight so sometimes extended life could be good.

Very true, although it's good to know we can de-orbit these types of satellites without waiting extra turns, especially if we've got another satellite ready to go.

Well went to civ 5 and attempted another diety game on a standard map. Came to realize why I do not bother with diety. Turn 70 the smallest civ besides me declare war on me. He was just in a war before and lost all of his cities but his capital. Now he has a army 10x larger than mine. Try to defend loses my capital. Turn 100 another civ declares war on me and game over. I hope that the AI plays better on Apollo instead of just relying on insane bonuses like on Diety. The AI needs some bonuses but not to the point where they can easily rebuild a large army after just losing it in a previous war.

Another observation:

I was sort of disappointed with the (satellite has X effect over its life time)

I was hoping the Miasma Satellites might clear/add something like 2 tile every 3 turns or something like that (so a normal sat would clear/add 6 miasmas, SF sat would clear 8)... normally that is enough to Clear the whole area, but sometimes not (ie if there is a lot of miasma) and it wouldn't be enough to fill the whole area unless it already had miasma

Same with the resource adders... the way they should work
Each turn you have an X% chance of a resource appearing.
If no resources have been placed by the time the satellite deorbits, then it automatically places 1.

Solargamer was 70ish science away from completing Computing when his trade route with Adept Blue finished it for him. Hahaha, he has been really unlucky this game, first all the siege worms and now a weak Adept Blue tech unlock.

I was sort of disappointed with the (satellite has X effect over its life time)

I was hoping the Miasma Satellites might clear/add something like 2 tile every 3 turns or something like that (so a normal sat would clear/add 6 miasmas, SF sat would clear 8)... normally that is enough to Clear the whole area, but sometimes not (ie if there is a lot of miasma) and it wouldn't be enough to fill the whole area unless it already had miasma

Same with the resource adders... the way they should work
Each turn you have an X% chance of a resource appearing.
If no resources have been placed by the time the satellite deorbits, then it automatically places 1.

Yeah, but imagine how sweet it would be to shoot down your opponent's satellites just before they generate their desired outcome...all that time and effort wasted. :lol:

Solargamer was 70ish science away from completing Computing when his trade route with Adept Blue finished it for him. Hahaha, he has been really unlucky this game, first all the siege worms and now a weak Adept Blue tech unlock.
If he adapted his strategy around it and researched cheaper tech first, he wouldn't have to feel blue from bad luck :p

Yeah, but imagine how sweet it would be to shoot down your opponent's satellites just before they generate their desired outcome...all that time and effort wasted. :lol:

Exactly :)
although they would still have the X% chance each turn

Top Bottom