New Let's Plays

Firaxis just needs to send Mad Djinn the latest build and pay him play with it live, on stream every day until the game comes out. It's honestly the best advertising campaign for old Civ fans and does wonders of silencing the "It's just Civ V in space!" complaints.

Firaxis just needs to send Mad Djinn the latest build and pay him play with it live, on stream every day until the game comes out. It's honestly the best advertising campaign for old Civ fans and does wonders of silencing the "It's just Civ V in space!" complaints.

Those gripes won't ever quite go away, they are troll bait. :rolleyes: His live stream chat log is proof that people are asking/asserting the "its only a reskinned Civ 5" thing repeatedly throughout his play. Haters gonna hate...

Those gripes won't ever quite go away, they are troll bait. :rolleyes: His live stream chat log is proof that people are asking/asserting the "its only a reskinned Civ 5" thing repeatedly throughout his play. Haters gonna hate...

Fair enough. Whatever, even if it was a "reskin" of Civ V (OMG, A GAME IN THE SAME GENRE BUT WITH ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MECHANICS AS THE LAST GAME ON THE SAME ENGINE! RESKIIIIIIIN!) I'd let the haters hate as I played the hell out of it. I'm a huge sucker for sci-fi games, even if they are "reskins". (which is why I loved ANNO 2070's gameplay over 1404's, despite the walls of UPlay it was hidden behind).

Anyways, back to playing Civ while watching Mad Djinn's old LP games (which I was recently introduced to) while counting the days until BE releases.

MadDjinn is streaming again... too bad I'm off to work. Guess I'll have to check out his next youtube video when I get back.

Interesting that the AI does seem to know to target ranged units rather melee units when defending a city. Nice improvement over civ5.

The AI showed some competence in taking MadDjinn's cities (though his defense of them was a little sad), but then showed its incompetence in abandoning them and letting him take them back.

At least it does appear to have finally learned how to move and fire Archer-style units in the same turn, which it never could do before.

The AI showed some competence in taking MadDjinn's cities (though his defense of them was a little sad), but then showed its incompetence in abandoning them and letting him take them back.

At least it does appear to have finally learned how to move and fire Archer-style units in the same turn, which it never could do before.

Considering a single modder was able to accomplish this in Civ V, it would have been extremely disappointing if a team of firaxis programmers couldn't do the same.

Interesting that the AI does seem to know to target ranged units rather melee units when defending a city. Nice improvement over civ5.

I always shoot the melee units, never archers, maybe catapults. If the enemy got no melee units, he can't take my city. Siege units are a pain, though, cause they bring down city defenses so quickly. But given the AI army composition that often consisted of 2/3 archers in civ5, this worked very well.

MadDjinn Part 4.

Link to video.

Resurrection Device(wonder) requires Artificial Evolution
1350 Production
+8 Health

Progenitor Garden(building) requires Artificial Evolution, Harmony level 10
430 production
Xenomass cost: 4
Maintenance: 1
Health: +20%

Sounds like +20% to global health. wow... a building which is comparable to a virtue.

Resurrection Device(wonder) requires Artificial Evolution
1350 Production
+8 Health

It might be local health (or bugged), his health didn't go up at all (or very little) when he built it, he was surprised.

Progenitor Garden(building) requires Artificial Evolution, Harmony level 10
430 production
Xenomass cost: 4
Maintenance: 1
Health: +20%

Sounds like +20% to global health. wow... a building which is comparable to a virtue.

If it's a building it should be local health, I'd think. I simply can't see that - there's no way it could be +20% per city, that would just be broken.

Yes, they really should clear up the text and let us know if something changes local or global health.

It might be local health (or bugged), his health didn't go up at all (or very little) when he built it, he was surprised.

If it's a building it should be local health, I'd think. I simply can't see that - there's no way it could be +20% per city, that would just be broken.
1. Did it? It should be fixed then...

2. Bionics lab gives +20% to city and it's much cheaper(though it requires a specific resource) I think +20% to global health is broken indeed, but +20% to city would be too weak for the cost. Well, MadDjinn would be able to answer this.

Well it could be a "building" like the spy network is a "building"

I am sort of disappointed they kept the separation of local and global health.
Its just annoying and confusing to players.
(Especially at 0.75 unhealth per pop, there is a wierd 'bleed' effect)

Top Bottom