New Let's Plays

+1 sight hasn't been very useful in Civ5.

By the way what difficulty is Madjinn playing ? I hope it's not Appollo or that the AI is just weak in that build. He's been top score since the beginning and while score isn't a good measure for humans its usually a good one for AI.

I did pick Apollo, but I have a feeling that the Press build I'm using is skewed towards people who don't know the game. Not by a lot, I'm sure the map has done some damage (nests in the worst locations for the AI, etc).

Interesting that they devise demo builds so specifically tailored as you imply, MadDjinn. Makes sense but also sounds kind of manipulative if not deceptive.

I've never beat Civ V above King so taking it on Deity and yawning. I'm not worthy. :D

Reaching the end of your stream. So is that intended that size 6 expansions make buildings in 3 turns ?
Also stellar codex in 3 turns ? Doesn't that seem a bit of too big a growth in production ?

That will be mean but I'm glad you lost these cities that was deserved for being so greedy :p

Reaching the end of your stream. So is that intended that size 6 expansions make buildings in 3 turns ?
Also stellar codex in 3 turns ? Doesn't that seem a bit of too big a growth in production ?

That will be mean but I'm glad you lost these cities that was deserved for being so greedy :p
100 HP cities really makes a difference :p

And again very little happened. I wish he would just assume that people have watched the previous LPs so he doesn't have to stop the action and explain every time that miasma causes damage.

I'm glad to see that the AI actually was decent at conquering his cities when his military was too weak. it gives me hope that the AI has improved.

Maybe it's me, but I'm done with the all those let's plays CivBE and the reason is probably the game itself.
I'm afraid that I will get bored with CivBE very quick.
There's not much going on the map, too many quests with only a few options to chose and most choices are straight forward.
It's all very passive, even on fast speed.

The first 10 min didn't make it, but everything from the landing on down did.

Still, hands down the best BE LP of them all. And thanks MadDjinn for going the extra mile and setting combat animations on, I know you went against your wishes there! ;) One MadDjinn to rule them all! :cool:

Despite all his whining about production earlier, maddjinn has a crazy amount by midgame due to all the internal trade routes. I did notice that he was able to send routes both ways, i.e. A to B and B to A. I seem to recall someone mentioning that you couldn't do that, so maybe this is an older build?

Also for the love of god, turn off the USB connect/disconnect noise.

Yes this is an older build, that's why I try to pry responses out of him to see if that kind of things is normal or just due to unbalanced stuff that are being worked on :) I guess he can't always give concrete responses though.

Traderoutes cannot be mirrored based on latest livestream informations.

And now for the MadDjinn Drinking Game: take a drink every time he says, "And that's why you shouldn't do [what I just did here]."

You're going to be very drunk quickly methinks ;)

Despite all his whining about production earlier, maddjinn has a crazy amount by midgame due to all the internal trade routes. I did notice that he was able to send routes both ways, i.e. A to B and B to A. I seem to recall someone mentioning that you couldn't do that, so maybe this is an older build?

Yes, it was all about the Internal trade routes, and Industry Virtue boosting them. Not to mention that just like in CivV, early wonders have lower costs than later wonders.

and yes, A-B, B-A trade routes were not present in the live stream that Pete and I did.

Still, hands down the best BE LP of them all. And thanks MadDjinn for going the extra mile and setting combat animations on, I know you went against your wishes there! ;) One MadDjinn to rule them all! :cool:

It's still early, so animations on are ok by me. Once the game is out though, so are they! :lol:

Also for the love of god, turn off the USB connect/disconnect noise.

I do hate that thing... Maybe I should make a Kickstarter to get a new computer. Then record an Office Space moment when I get the last laugh at the motherboard. :crazyeye:

(snip)
I do hate that thing... Maybe I should make a Kickstarter to get a new computer. Then record an Office Space moment when I get the last laugh at the motherboard. :crazyeye:

I'd pay to see that. Do you take IOU's? :lol:

Top Bottom