New Mafia Game - finished 11/11/19 (MAFIA flawless victory)

There's no mention of a threshold, so a plurality will do. *evilgrin.gif*

Nah, I make the rules. And yes, this is definitely not a democracy.

Also, I'm out. Bye-oh!

Please don't use words I can't possibly understand like 'plurality' and 'threshold'

Tally:

Montomorency: (Timsup2nothing), (Synensya)
classical_hero: (rakkoon)
Csargo: (snerk)
MaryKB: (JohannaK)
Rakkoon: (topsecret)
LordAgon: (choxorn)
Abstain: (MaryKB), (Montomorency)

Apologies for formatting and potential spelling errors, I’m doing this on my phone.

What's the benefit of forgoing posting in the thread to strategize? You can do both simultaneously without much effort anyways. Plus, there's very little to strategize about early D1 in general.

It's also better for scum to start posting earlier rather than later in my opinion just for ease of entry to the thread.

Valid points. Given that there is basically nothing to go on yet I just took what little there was. Montmorency's reaction is what really seemed more suspicious.

Anyway, Vote: Montmorency because I agree with Tim - Monty’s reaction was super touchy.

Tim and Syn are being suspiciously chummy also (them voting for each other and then very quickly changing for another target) but I think Monty is still the better lead lol. Just saying the town should keep an eye on those two.

What about Monty's reaction was suspicious?

C'mon man, he outright said "I'll get you later."
Anyway, Vote: Montmorency because I agree with Tim - Monty’s reaction was super touchy.

Tim and Syn are being suspiciously chummy also (them voting for each other and then very quickly changing for another target) but I think Monty is still the better lead lol. Just saying the town should keep an eye on those two.

Yeah, I would have to admit that would make me suspicious as well. Initially I was pretty sure Syns was just clowning me, so I voted him back on a reflex. Things sort of spiraled out of control from there, but anyone who is suspicious...I understand, and no hard feelings.

C'mon man, he outright said "I'll get you later."

I don't disagree with your overall feeling on Monty tbh from what I've seen so far, though for different reasons it seems. The "I'll get you later." comment was antagonistic, but that's not really that scummy in my mind. To each their own it seems.

Vote: Montmorency

Abstaining is a very scummy thing to do... a way to stay low on radars. Mary gets the one-time newbie protection...

I don't disagree with your overall feeling on Monty tbh from what I've seen so far, though for different reasons it seems. The "I'll get you later." comment was antagonistic, but that's not really that scummy in my mind. To each their own it seems.

Have you got a better option? Or even one that can be argued really? @NinjaCow64 made a fair argument for me or @Synsensa. Obviously I can't go along with it, but it was reasonable. I made a joking argument for TopSecret being a vampire. Other than that we're at "pick someone at random." So, if for nothing other than lack of alternatives the case against Monty seems comparatively good.

Not sure why Monty would abstain as scum. I wouldn't pull that nonsense as mafia. OTOH if we d1 lynch Monty as scum two games in a row it might just be the best thing that has happened ever.

unvote, vote LordArgon, wakey wakey?

How do we find out who the real mafia people are? Do we basically just take random guesses, or is there a detective or something?

Please forgive my silly questions, I've never played this before, and while I've been scouring this forum I've had trouble finding a basic "this is how you play" sort of thing, lol!

I guess I somehow assumed we'd get clues or something to go on, but so far it looks like our town is bloodthirsty, like a medieval village burning witches :p

Random votes, gut feeling, or if someones seems a bit tense or whatever. And eventually look at previous votes and see if it's damning for someone.

In addition to vanilla villagers there may be town power roles with night time abilities that may aid the town. Like a detective. But keep in mind that this is a game of deceit, who is lying and who is telling the truth? :dunno:
I guess I somehow assumed we'd get clues or something to go on, but so far it looks like our town is bloodthirsty, like a medieval village burning witches :p
Pretty much yeah. :)

Yeah, unless otherwise specified, it is best to assume no power roles amongst the townsfolk, which means voting record and public posting are the only things to go by.

It is very easy to fall prey to paranoia.

@Takhisis is private communication allowed in this game? (I vote for yay)

I'm always good for Yay! in a "let's party!" sense, but a quick survey of the posted rules says absolutely not is the answer to your question.

That's typically how it goes, but we are looking for the mafia to make a mistake, such as knowing too much (since they know who is mafia and who isn't). That's called Perfect Information Syndrome (PIS).
Or they could act nervous or otherwise suspiciously. It's really a social deduction game, but you never quite know for sure. That's what makes it interesting. :)

We should be able to get 'em, I hope.

(Also, we have to suspect everyone. It could even be you. :hide:)

Yeah, unless otherwise specified, it is best to assume no power roles amongst the townsfolk, which means voting record and public posting are the only things to go by.

It is very easy to fall prey to paranoia.
Right. If there are power roles for the town, we don't want the mafia to kill them straight away.

One thing that is very helpful though is discussion. We already have a good amount, especially compared to last game. I was a mafioso last game and got away with it mostly through low activity. Usually (but not always) the more discussion, the more likely the mafia will make a mistake.

Okay, I'm sort of starting to get it. Thank you kindly everyone :)

Top Bottom