New map graphics (such as city sets) for the Civ3 Future project

Nice article, I might use some of it :)
Re the sets, the massive change in resolution (due to buying a new monitor) does create continuity issues for me. The old sets don't look the same (naturally), and the tendency is to go for the detail now visible.
That said, it's all conceptual. You may recall how many metamorphoses (used as plural...) the older sets went through, to arrive to anything final.
But the architecture being rather boring does not help (neither that I already have created at least two other sets with similar non-monument traits, particularly the celtic one).

Mmmh. I do mean to get back to completing some sets. Having to finish another online seminar, for more money, is a main reason this gets pushed back :) 60.000 words is brutal (already have 140.000 words in previous seminars...).
Not that it helps that the current set is barbarous. There's so many somewhat distinct barbarous sets one can make, let alone in this scale...

Hm, I was reminded of this (because someone bumped a thread of mine elsewhere, with it) today:

1690891315991.png

Seems like the time which has passed now makes it look better to me :p People should just pay me 5000 dollars/graphic, because I am entitled :yup:

It reminds me a bit of a farmhouse that my wife and I stayed in during one of our trips to England.

Top Bottom