[R&F] New Map Types Revealed

The question is: Is "Europe" a pre-made map or an actual map script?

Oh gawd, how I miss this Civ5 script! In my opinion, it is/was the best "guided" procedural map ever made for a Civ game!

(TSL says fixed map, though. :( )
I do like a map script for every continent as well.

Not just Europe, but randomized interiors as well, just like the Scramble for Africa scenario in BNW and the Outback Tycoon scenario in Civ VI's Australia DLC.

I just realized how risky the release of a terra mapscript is at this very moment - they would probably like to have some feedback on the loyalty system and the new starting position assignment system before releasing such an atypical mapscript ...

But this could be a script on that the colonial powers (England, Spain, Netherlands) could really shine.

I think the terra map script is being held for the Isabella (Spain Alt), Portugal, Inca, Maya DLC Super Pack.

In addition to Terra, im rooting for small continents. Right now continents seems to consistently deliver two super continents which stretch from north to south pole. I would prefer 3+ continents per game to break things up a little more.

Happy with the addition of the Archipelago map though

Good to hear. I’ve always liked archipelago maps. :)

maybe archipelago is what island plates is right now and island plates is now more like an in-between with 5 or 6 medium-sized landmasses :goodjob:
in other words: Small Continents?

Last edited:
The question is: Is "Europe" a pre-made map or an actual map script?

Oh gawd, how I miss this Civ5 script! In my opinion, it is/was the best "guided" procedural map ever made for a Civ game!

(TSL says fixed map, though. :( )
you can have TSL with scripts.

I hope that they've also added in a scaling Earth and Earth TSL map. I hate that the official Earth maps are static and standard-sized. Super lazy on their part.

I hope that they've also added in a scaling Earth and Earth TSL map. I hate that the official Earth maps are static and standard-sized. Super lazy on their part.

this and Europe TSL map?
And where is the map editor?

A map editor is part of the basic equipment of every Civ game.
It belongs to the customer expectations.

I actually like their official Earth map -- its very carefully designed to provide interesting starts for all the different civs. If only you could plop more than 8 civs on it!

Question on TSL Europe: If you start a game with random civs on it, does it limit the civ choices to civs available on that map?

Hoping yes.

Surely it does - it would be one heck of a bug otherwise!
Well, I had a lot of request to add this "bug" as a "feature" for YnAMP, to the point that I've finally added an option allowing it (random placement for civs without TSL on a map)

I also love the Official TSL Earth map.

Yeah - it's only Standard size, but it gives more intense games and the turn times in later eras dont take forever.
Also as it's official everyone has it, so the strategy discussions of that map are fun.

I also love the Official TSL Earth map.

Yeah - it's only Standard size, but it gives more intense games and the turn times in later eras dont take forever.
Also as it's official everyone has it, so the strategy discussions of that map are fun.

The official TSL earth map is a game design « tour de force ». Whatever civilization you pick, the starting location is fun and allows you to rely on strengths of your civ. Just amazing and way more fun and equilibrated than the YNAEMP IMO.

Top Bottom