New MP Game Starting (8pm GMT +12)

Yeah only weekends for me, and the thread didnt shoot me any emails like I thought I had it set too. :/

Onan: I should have no trouble with the time of games, as long as I have sufficient notice. And yes, we are very specific with our timezones in South Australia. No doubt there is some anal bastard who wants to change it to gmc +9:43

I'm probably late with this, but I'm desperately looking for a regular group to play Civ 5 with, and after reading your previous game reports I'd definitely want to join, if still possible. If not, I'll just keep on waiting. ;)

I'm at Finland (GMT +2), played Civ since 1994. If I can read timezones correctly, I should have no problem attending the game regularly.

Hi Zalta. You're not too late! :)

It looks like you're on daylight savings now? So as I make it out you're 9 hours behind Auckland, meaning the game would be starting at 11 AM your time. (Unless there's more than one time zone in Finland and you were already adjusting for DST?)

Does that match with what you were thinking?

Onan: I should have no trouble with the time of games, as long as I have sufficient notice. And yes, we are very specific with our timezones in South Australia. No doubt there is some anal bastard who wants to change it to gmc +9:43

Funny.

Ah, glad you checked in on us then, Kyp. Yes (for everyone), setting up the thread to notify you of replies is pretty important to our coordination. I suspect Chrimera hasn't done that, so I'll try to chase him down about it.

Would weekends only work for everyone?

...and if everyone who's posted recently is in, I think that brings us to 7 players. That's great, but based on past experience, running with 5 or 6 players pushes civ 5 to the limit (in terms of lag, etc)...so I think we should stick to 6 on a small map.

Can everyone post their steam names, if they are different from your user name here?

Hi Onan,

Great to hear, count me in!

Just one time zone here, matches what I thought fine (I actually calculated it to start an hour earlier, but 11AM is better).

I'm 'zaltaa' on Steam. Weekends only works for me.

Weekends are okay. While six would definitely be an improvement over four, it might be fun to try it with seven. That would make for a much more dynamic game.

Do not count me in guys

Sorry i can't commit into a game for a while, just too much stuff to do i barely have free time.

Thanks for letting us know, meso.

Weekends are okay. While six would definitely be an improvement over four, it might be fun to try it with seven. That would make for a much more dynamic game.

Well, moot point now...but, to be honest, I don't think it's worth it. I've almost never had a 5 or 6 player game run smoothly. And a significant portion of the time, I've had them be so slow and laggy, and plagued by reloads, that they weren't really worth it--games from hell.

I'm hopeful we can get a 6 player that runs relatively smoothly. 7+ I wouldn't want to touch with a pole.

well...looks like we've got enough ready to give this another try.

How's Friday (5th) or Sunday (7th) for everyone? I might be able to do Saturday, but I've got the kids on my own that night--they should be in bed, but it might make the start a bit later for me if they're not quite settled.

I'm not gonna be around this Friday. Saturday or Sunday would be preferred.

Okay guys...I think most aren't posting because they've already said the time / days are good and they can play then.

So...let's meet up Saturday at the appointed time. Note for those of you in North America, this would be the wee hours of Saturday, passing on from Friday night.

Roughly 50 hours from the time of this post.

I will run the game with 5 or 6 players--so don't forget or you may have to sit this one out.

Start thinking and/or posting about any settings preferences you'd like to see.

Looking forward to it!

p.s.: if everyone could meet up in the civplayers 'lobby', here: steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902that would be helpful. I don't have everyone's steam name and will not be able to invite you otherwise--this include you, Kyp--somehow, you dropped off my friends list when you disappeared a while back.

woops had to adjust the ETA an hour later in the post above...I'd incorrectly put it as 49 hours away. :)

If it is saturday I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid. Sunday would be possible though

Sorry to hear that, mto. If you'd posted sooner, and I'd known you could only do Sunday, I would've scheduled it then.

Hey Zoeff. We won't get through a whole game. We save and reload as many times as needed to finish. That's why the time slot needs to be one you can commit to on an ongoing basis.

5.5 hours away! Here's hoping we have a good turnout, and even more important, that civ actually runs well with more than four people.

Sadness. Only zalta showed up.

I will try this again tomorrow, same time. If that's just zalta and his two buddies, so be it.

Damnit, I thought the game started a few hours after it actually did. In my defense I was celebrating my birthday yesterday and I didn't go to bed on my usual time anyway... :p

So tomorrow at the same time? I should be able to make that. :)

I should be able to make it tomorrow. 1:00 A.M Pacific time?

Last time I checked, pacific time is 9 hours behind me so yes that would be 1 AM.

To be more precise, the arranged time is in 13 hours from now. :)

Top Bottom