New MP Game Starting (8pm GMT +12)

fun little game with zoeff and zalta, and another friend of zalta's.

no epic though. lots of bugginess and failure to launch with 5.

I'll give 5 or 6 one more try. If it's the same, I'll stick with 4, thanks very much firaxis / 2k. :(

Well, I got my revenge on Onan for what he did to me and another player the other day..

For those that missed it, it involved throwing lots of money and resources for free at a more experienced player that he was at war with. :D :lol:

EDIT: Are we going to schedule another game this saturday? Same time, 8AM GMT or 8PM GMT +12. If that one doesn't work either, lets go for the day after that - Sunday at 8AM GMT.

Who's ready to give this another try?

What days are possible for you this weekend?

Friday / Saturday / Sunday. Please post up your availability / preference ASAP.

Cheers.

Okay let's meet up Saturday, as in 22.5 hours from this post. Usual time.

Sorry I didn't post sooner. If anyone's lurking / wants to join us for this session, I'd much prefer you posted in advance so we know to expect you.

Cheers,

Onan

The recent patch includes several fixes for MP games, so hopefully things will run much more smoothly this time.

Nice, we have another 4-player under way.

Played up to turn 83. Small oval map (no AI, standard CS), high seas. Surprisingly tight! Even some inland seas.

Onan-France
Tabarnak-Egypt
zalta-Mongolia (random)
Zoeff-China

Early war between Egypt and Mongolia--short and settled for peace without any cities taken. Tab's armies turned on Kuala Lumpur and claimed it as their own.

Wonders I can remember: I built Stonehenge and Pyramids. Zoeff built the Great Library. zalta built the Hanging Gardens.

Tab, you up to play again tomorrow, or later in the week / next weekend? I think our European friends are on summer holidays...or are we limited to weekends?

Looking forward to the next session.

I can't tell now if i will be able to play sunday.

Post when you know, and whichever days are possible.

It's probably better for me (and marital relations) if I give it a miss today (less than 12 hours). But if everyone else can play, I can too, though I'd probably want to make it a shorter session.

zalta, Zoeff, can you guys play at all during the week at this time?

I can play during the week, this week would pref early Tuesday or Thu-Fri at any time. Can't make it on Monday nor Wednesday.

Hmn, if I'm remembering right, Tabarnak may not know which day he can play on till the day before....

In any case, hopefully we can get another session in this weekend, if not before.

I'm ok with playing a game between now and friday at 8AM GMT - It should be easier to organize an extra day if we 'only' have 4 people to gather. If that doesn't work out then lets play on saturday as usual. :)

I can play Friday. I can't this week-end.

Yep, Friday it is. See you guys in 28 hours.

Second session update:

In a surprising turn of events right at the start of our session, zalta took the initiative, attacking Tabarnak's army (wounded by its conquest of Kuala Lumpur), and also pushing to his capital and taking Thebes. Resistance thereafter was light.

Soon after, two Mongolian horsemen started scouting my border. Fairly certain I would be next on zalta's hitlist (he was #1 in military, and although we are farther apart, I'm much easier access for him), I took the initiative, declared war, and eliminated the horsemen.

We were at war from there till the end of the session. He pushed towards me, I pushed back, then he pushed back again. The front went from near my borders, to on his at KL. Finally, tired of having our movement constrained by the city states between us, my forces captured Sydney. Soon after, sensing stalemate on both sides, we settled for peace.

Not sure how interesting the rest of the game will be, as a three player will almost inevitably mean someone gets screwed / the target of a 2v1. I just happen to be in the middle. hmn.

zalta is showing, frankly, superior tactics with mixed infantry, ranged, and cavalry units--particularly in 'sniping' a general and 2-3 siege units from me with cavalry. Well played. Also he has two military CS allies providing him units.

It should be easier for us to meet up to finish this off--probably not today though. Sunday good for you guys?

I'm already thinking about the next game with 5 or 6 players.

Top Bottom