New MP Game Starting (8pm GMT +12)

Oh mighty Zalta! :lol:

I guess he gonna win this sooner or later. Do you continue the game until the end or some of you have already conceded? For myself i played badly and zalta had a really good start(HG rocks in particular situations).

First time i've seen so tight land to settle. I couldn't settle a 3rd city because they were too many cs around me. I decided to attack one but when i healed my swordmen zalta throwed units in my cap and pillaged everything(iron, horses, etc.). It was the beginning of the end.

I hope for a better start next time. gg.

Ah, he pillaged your strategic resources, that explains why your army evaporated. Very smart.

Yes, I suspect you are right about the outcome of this one. At least, I shudder to think what a horde of keshiks will do. No concession yet. Depends what happens politically I suppose.

Thanks for the game guys.

Well, this one wrapped up quick. After a long, uneasy period of peace, just about when zalta was ready to attack, I upgraded to a few rifles and tried to get an edge on him. Doesn't really work when you're attacking into fortified units in forts, even if it is rifles vs. longswords.

After only a couple of turns, most of my army was destroyed and I conceded. I would imagine Zoeff did the same, as he had even less military (numerically and technologically).

-----

I'll probably be looking to start a 5 or 6 player game in a week or so. Post here if interested.

After only a couple of turns, most of my army was destroyed and I conceded. I would imagine Zoeff did the same, as he had even less military (numerically and technologically).

Before I gave up I did see if I could grab at least 2 french cities which combined with my great wall meant I might've been able to been able to defend for a little while longer but I had only build a bunch of cannons thinking that I'd be defending you in a much longer siege battle. Taking lyon was fairly easy however when trying to push further north I met zalta's forces with his horses who kept raiding the cannons until they were softened enough for his riflemen.

I do have my excuses though. :D
Onan settled right next to my capital early in the game and took one of my luxury resources. On top of that there were pearls in the sea next to my capital but annoyingly I moved my settler one tile away from the sea before settling so I had no access to that. So obviously I quickly settled a second city on the coastline to build a work boat with later. Turns out that there was no route to those pearls as I was dealing with 2 in-land sea's... :wallbash: It took until turn 168 'till I benefited from those pearls. All I had was one silver in the first third of the game or so. :sad:

EDIT: I'm up for a game next weekend. :)

Fun game. Managed to succeed in two full conquests that both began with a rebound from another player's attack. Egypt attacked me early on with superior forces, but I managed to turn the battle into a stalemate using a chokepoint and archers. The forces I built up to defend from further attacks were actually the ones that eventually conquered Egypt.

I was expecting an eventual Rifleman attack by Onan, but it came later than I feared, as I had time to setup a formidable defense line by then. Two turns after the smoke had cleared I had my own rifles ready. Plenty of surviving artillery made taking the cities a breeze.

I'm up for next weekend as well. :)

I have to say, my play at the end of this game was sloppy and reckless, due to in-game chat which had gone on between the Zs for some time.

I believe it was a misunderstanding, and have talked some to both players about it. I don't expect it to happen again.

Set-up thread for next game: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10828030#post10828030

Top Bottom