New Official Version Released! March 8th (3/8)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Beyond Earth IS the Global Disaster.

2. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I couldn't avoid imagining the USS Mayflower (first colonizer en route to Mars), and putting Al Gore inside the airlock and pushing the big red button... :D

One small push for a man, but a HUGE step for humanity...

3. Acken

Acken Deity

Edit: nevermind not enough time

4. zeta

zeta Mod Addict

5. Wario Mario

Wario Mario Warlord

Spoiler :
    Religion refined further: now the founder/ownership status of a religion will change in the UI (i.e. the religion overview tab) if you did not found a religion and conquer a holy city. So the system is simple: if you found a religion, that's always going to be your primary religion. If you didn't found a religion, conquering a holy city will give you one, and you can enhance/reform it however you see fit. Added some QoL text to game so that, when you capture/lose a holy city, it is clearly indicated to you that this happened (and what it means).

Do these only apply to the default religions, or will added religions (such as Historical religions or Strange Religions) work as well?

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

As long as they're created (in the database) like normal religions, should work with any.

g

7. Wario Mario

Wario Mario Warlord

Now that's a speedy response :)

Congratulations on the official release! [party][party]:dance::band::beer::salute:

8. Jdoug312

Jdoug312 Prince

Sure that I'm not alone in saying that this would be awesome to add haha.

9. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

I've had 2 CTD in a row now, both at the end of turn 2, seemingly as CS are founded. I don't know how to get you the logs so I'll try reinstalling the CBP first and see if I still get them. In the meantime someone might be able to tell me where to find the logs for you!

10. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Question:

How does the religion changes affect the player if he holds 2 or more Holy Cities that are not yet at Enhanced stage of their respective religions. When a Great Prophet pops how will the game determine which religion he enhances?
    ie. assuming he will be created in one of your original cities, since you will have been creating points for it for a while, and you move him to another Holy City. Will his action at enhancing work for the religion that created him or the religion of city he is in at the time of the action?

11. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Reinstalled, still crashed, though it turns out none of them were during CS turn. They were all on turn 2 though, and when I hit next turn it moves to the first AI and crashes.

12. Gazebo

I've run dozens of games on the latest, so it's probably a bad install. Logs are in your documents/my games/civ 5/logs folder, though they're not helpful if you don't have logging enabled.

Priority is founded religion first, then (if you didn't found), captured holy city.

If, somehow, you didn't found, but ended up with two holy cities, it'll grab the first one in the iterator sequence (the bar of religions at the top, starting from the left). Not great, but there's not really an easy way to add a priority system to that. If this becomes a common issue, I guess we could have it go reformed first, then enhanced, then regular (in the iterator sequence), and, if a tie here, the one with the most followers. But even that's problematic, because follower amounts can change! You can see why this is complicated. If need be, I can also add a 'capturedholycity' game turn log, and use that (so the first captured holy city is your priority). That makes the most sense, but we'll see how much of a problem it is in the future.

There's also no system in the DLL for choosing a religion (which is important, because we can't add network functions that do this. So it's not an option).

G

13. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

You guys are pretty awesome!
    I have some large scale experience VBA programming.
    It's pretty impressive what you have accomplished.

Me and the wife will be at Foxwoods tomorrow evening.
    I'll buy you a beer if you care to meet us there.
    :beer:

14. Alaric410

Alaric410 Chieftain

Is science from shrines working? Both the changelog and the building info indicate that 20% of faith should be added to science. I've just started my first game with the new version, built a shrine and am not seeing the 0.2 science that I was expecting alongside by 1 faith.

15. Gazebo

Oh Foxwoods! What's the occasion? Probably not tomorrow night, but we should meet up at some point. Too close not to do so!

Yeah, but it doesn't do %s like that. Since it is a 'yield yield,' it converts at flat values (so you have to actually hit the 10 faith mark to get 1 science).

G

16. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

It's a date.

17. Natura

Natura Warlord

Dear god I would love that so much.

18. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

You guys are near Foxwoods? I'm not too far from there and sometimes go down there.

And I reinstalled and still had the same issue. Maybe the installer is screwing up the installation?

19. gilbertlew

gilbertlew Chieftain

Is the Community Patch Project available to be installed on a Mac O/S?

20. Funak

Funak Deity

No.

From what I understand you can do some kind of weirdness and open virtual windows and get it to work that way, but Apple O/S can't run civ mods.