New Patch - Can you force peace or war on an AI with another AI?

Voltage

Warlord
As title says, has the new patch now allowed the user to force one AI to go to war or make peace with another?

I think this was used by a lot of civ players to enhance their games and has always been a standard option through civ games.

No, you cannot force an AI to make peace with another AI. You can make an AI go to war with another AI by making an alliance and then declaring war on your target, your ally AI will join your war. But you cannot force two AIs to go to war with each other with you staying out of it. That's a good change because it was way too big of an exploit.

No, you cannot force an AI to make peace with another AI. You can make an AI go to war with another AI by making an alliance and then declaring war on your target, your ally AI will join your war. But you cannot force two AIs to go to war with each other with you staying out of it. That's a good change because it was way too big of an exploit.

Forcing peace though... Wouldn't play without it. I don't like the AI's killing each other off

Deal with it. Or just intervene militarily - put your troops in between their firing lines and slaughter them all!!!! muahuauhsdhj

If you want to ensure peace, you must conquer them all. When you control the entire globe, and unify the planet under your benevolent rule, then you will have true peace.

It would make sense though. Spending diplomatic capital or war score to settle a dispute...

There should be some diplomatic option for trying to bring two AIs closer, as long as the player is at least cooperative with both. Something like:

- Make peace if at war;
- Become neutral if sanctioned;
- Cooperate if neutral;
- Become allies if cooperative;

Each try would need a time gap, in order to avoid instant leaps from war to alliance. Situation could deteriorate in the meantime due to respect loss between them, ruining the player's effort. Also, peace would need a time gap between when the war started and the when the mediation try happens.

That would be a nice way to spend diplomatic capital, especially if Firaxis introduces a WorldCongress/PlanetaryCouncil. Mediating conflicts could give extra votes for the next session or even simi-permanent votes [you'd keep them until declaring war on someone; being declared upon would not remove the extra votes].

There should be some diplomatic option for trying to bring two AIs closer, as long as the player is at least cooperative with both. Something like:

- Make peace if at war;
- Become neutral if sanctioned;
- Cooperate if neutral;
- Become allies if cooperative;

Each try would need a time gap, in order to avoid instant leaps from war to alliance. Situation could deteriorate in the meantime due to respect loss between them, ruining the player's effort. Also, peace would need a time gap between when the war started and the when the mediation try happens.

Very much agree

Although it should go both ways

Any player (including an AI player) should be able to spend DC to raise OR lower the relationship between any two players (including human players).
[war/peace should have special rules...very expensive to force a war or force a peace]
It should be cheaper to affect your own relationships that way.

Respect could then work primarily as a way to influence the cost (high respect on both sides....cheaper to increase, more expensive to decrease relationship..vice versa with low respect on both sides)

Firaxis doesn't like giving you a lot of diplomatic options.

They think seriously think players don't care about them.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have impression that human like to influence AI
but if AI or game system influence human in the same way that human can. It will become restrictive in human point-of-view.

If runaway AI do capable of enforce truce between player. Some would fascinated by it, but many more will complain.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have impression that human like to influence AI
but if AI or game system influence human in the same way that human can. It will become restrictive in human point-of-view.

If runaway AI do capable of enforce truce between player. Some would fascinated by it, but many more will complain.

The key thing there would be balance, making it difficult to do repeatedly, affected by military strength and war score.

Easier would be the ability to request two sides make peace/one starts a war, in exchange for a respect boost. (And making respect more of a mechanical effect on both sides)

I also miss the ability to give the AI control of a city I don't want, instead of having to keep it or raze it.

I also miss the ability to give the AI control of a city I don't want, instead of having to keep it or raze it.

In my current game Chungsu went to war with me. I let Al Falah join in the war through alliance because she had 2 melee naval units nearby, bombarded Jeongsang to 0 hitpoints and let her take it. :D

Top Bottom