New Patch - First Impressions?

My only victory so far in the new patch was a cultural one, and it definitely took a lot longer, which isn't surprising with the number of changes to culture in the latest patch. Of course, it didn't help that Egypt dragged me into a war that lasted about half the game...

A culture victory is slow now. I won a culture game with France on Emperor, I got there but it took ages, and that in a game where everything went my way - got all of the culture wonders, never attacked, minimal competition for City States. Early policies came very fast, but the last ones cost a fortune.

I stopped one game on the way to a clear tech victory as Rome because it was taking too long.

However, domination may be feasible even faster.. I'm trying with Japan atm, and the big buff to Honor is a huge help. Culture comes much easier earlier from the base policy and garrisons, allowing you to go Honor only. The happiness from military buildings is letting me keep on attacking and expanding where in the past I had to pause to get happiness reasonable. XP buildings with lower maintenance and and cash for kills mean money doesn't become impossible either. I'm hopeful this will be my fastest domination at Emperor, though time will tell as I'm yet to take to the seas and ma playing continents.

A culture victory is slow now. I won a culture game with France on Emperor, I got there but it took ages, and that in a game where everything went my way - got all of the culture wonders, never attacked, minimal competition for City States. Early policies came very fast, but the last ones cost a fortune.

Because culture needed doesn't go up so fast anymore (especialy with Liberty), so you don't need to go with one or two cities anymore. I did my last culture victory with three cities, but I guess it's possible with even more. That makes the game a lot more interesting.

I believe what is happening is when the RA comes to fruition, you get the boost to the current research. Any left over beakers are applied to your next tech.

So a one time lump sum? Hmm.. I dont seem to have noticed that happening, I'll try to pay better attention.

The latest patch its good, but the game still not engaging. There are core problems that I guess are not fixable. The AI looking for win concept, for example, doesnt work IMO.

I already played over 150h, Thats a lot more than most of the games I bought, so I think ciV was money well spent. But the changes I would like to see probably are not possible.

Im jumping on the wagon of the ciV haters and saying farewell ciV...To de Devs I ask to stop working on ciV and start on Civ VI.

So a one time lump sum? Hmm.. I dont seem to have noticed that happening, I'll try to pay better attention.

A correction from another post is that the remaining beakers are applied randomly to another available tech.

Im jumping on the wagon of the ciV haters and saying farewell ciV...To de Devs I ask to stop working on ciV and start on Civ VI.

Yes, because that makes so much sense. I'm sure that the best thing to do when you release an extremely broken game is to somewhat patch it for a year and give up and start working on the next game because that works out so well so often. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom