New release: R.E.D. v.41->44 !

can you post your lua.log please ?

thanks, I'll have a look when back from work.

Hey first time here and wanted to report 2 bugs i had while playing as Germany (sorry if this is the wrong thread)
1- After britian and france declared war on me somehow the Uk managed to send a paratrooper and tank and invaded the manufactarys under Munisch. The weird part is that they came from İtaly and they can freely roam around in İtalien land. This happened in a bunch of playthroguhs. And his troop can cross into italy making me.unable to attack it.
2- İ get a crash whenever i capture Tirana from Greece.
İ tried it with different units but it always crashes the game.
İf you need a luag file or smt i can attach it. ( if you would be so kind to tell me where it is) Thanks already and keep up the good work man

Hi, its me again :D

After many play throughs of the game i feel it is a very great mod you have made and poured your heart and soul into :goodjob:. Playing as the allies is always a win, its just a matter of holding out for Russia to come in and eat Germany. Playing as the axis, if you are Germany you can take your time and just wreck everything while Italy does... something. Playing as Italy, even after gifting Germany 30 units comprising of artillery, infantry, fighters and dive bombers, France and England are still taking them out, and Germany cant even advance past Strasbourg :confused:

What i would like to test out:

Can we revert the Marder/Nashorn availability back to Germany for the start of the game? I recall fighting for my life as France even with the Maginot line when the Germans rolled up on me with those, perhaps it may help the balance?

Can we revert the change to the city states so they produce units again? No nation should be just dependent on its initial OOB and be basically left as a punching bag and free territory / cities for the major nations IMO:)

In my observations of my games it just feels like the AI is alot dumber since some of the recent changes you have made and im just trying to pinpoint where it may have occurred. (it has occurred to me that this is indeed all in my mind as well, as frightening as that is).

Can these changes be made and/or can you tell me how to do them so i can test them out? I dont want to just reload the old .44 changes as you have put alot of time into the fuel system and fixing the crash's of the scripted events. (Although the fuel system may have added another layer on why some things happen now).

CTD when an Italy is attacking Copehagen.

can you try this please:

in RedUnitUtils.lua, find this

Code:
function RemoveTemporaryBestDefender(unit)
	local bDebug = true
	Dprint("    - Unset ("..tostring(unit:GetName())..") as best defender on plot ".. unit:GetX() ..",".. unit:GetY(), bDebug)
	Dprint("    - Moves Left = ".. unit:MovesLeft(), bDebug)
	unit:SetMoves(unit:MovesLeft() - MOVE_DENOMINATOR) -- We had given this in SetTemporaryBestDefender()... 
	Dprint("    - Moves Left with bonus removed = ".. unit:MovesLeft(), bDebug)
	unit:SetMarkedBestDefender(false)
end

and insert

Code:
	if unit:IsDead() then return end;

at the beginning of the function, final code should be:

Code:
function RemoveTemporaryBestDefender(unit)
	if unit:IsDead() then return end;
	local bDebug = true
	Dprint("    - Unset ("..tostring(unit:GetName())..") as best defender on plot ".. unit:GetX() ..",".. unit:GetY(), bDebug)
	Dprint("    - Moves Left = ".. unit:MovesLeft(), bDebug)
	unit:SetMoves(unit:MovesLeft() - MOVE_DENOMINATOR) -- We had given this in SetTemporaryBestDefender()... 
	Dprint("    - Moves Left with bonus removed = ".. unit:MovesLeft(), bDebug)
	unit:SetMarkedBestDefender(false)
end

TIA :)

Hey first time here and wanted to report 2 bugs i had while playing as Germany (sorry if this is the wrong thread)
1- After britian and france declared war on me somehow the Uk managed to send a paratrooper and tank and invaded the manufactarys under Munisch. The weird part is that they came from İtaly and they can freely roam around in İtalien land. This happened in a bunch of playthroguhs. And his troop can cross into italy making me.unable to attack it.
2- İ get a crash whenever i capture Tirana from Greece.
İ tried it with different units but it always crashes the game.
İf you need a luag file or smt i can attach it. ( if you would be so kind to tell me where it is) Thanks already and keep up the good work man
1/ is a known issue, I'll try to limit open borders to friends only.

for 2/ I'd like the log first, then maybe a save, see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=501865

Hi, its me again :D

After many play throughs of the game i feel it is a very great mod you have made and poured your heart and soul into :goodjob:. Playing as the allies is always a win, its just a matter of holding out for Russia to come in and eat Germany. Playing as the axis, if you are Germany you can take your time and just wreck everything while Italy does... something. Playing as Italy, even after gifting Germany 30 units comprising of artillery, infantry, fighters and dive bombers, France and England are still taking them out, and Germany cant even advance past Strasbourg :confused:

What i would like to test out:

Can we revert the Marder/Nashorn availability back to Germany for the start of the game? I recall fighting for my life as France even with the Maginot line when the Germans rolled up on me with those, perhaps it may help the balance?

Can we revert the change to the city states so they produce units again? No nation should be just dependent on its initial OOB and be basically left as a punching bag and free territory / cities for the major nations IMO:)

In my observations of my games it just feels like the AI is alot dumber since some of the recent changes you have made and im just trying to pinpoint where it may have occurred. (it has occurred to me that this is indeed all in my mind as well, as frightening as that is).

Can these changes be made and/or can you tell me how to do them so i can test them out? I dont want to just reload the old .44 changes as you have put alot of time into the fuel system and fixing the crash's of the scripted events. (Although the fuel system may have added another layer on why some things happen now).
Fuel doesn't change anything until restriction are applied (could happen to Italy first)

I'd like 2 things to be tested: removing Strasbourg from the map, playing as Greece without the Maginot line. The results could help to find the problem with Germany.

So i did as was asked Gedemon =) and ... yea the axis still have no clue =(

Germany may have sniffed Metz's city borders before being pushed back into its own territory. The combined french/britsh army is just tea bagging germany.

Its December 42 now and Russia has Berlin encircled.

Forgot to add some more points from the last game, Germany did not capture either Amsterdam nor Brussells, and did not capture the Danish capital either, however the germans did run wild in Norway capturing all cities there.

I will try this same experiment with the .40 build and let you know if there is any difference :)

Well, this time germany did manage to actually capture brussells and amsterdam, and metz and mulhouse, and had made it even to paris by july of 41. I let them capture Paris by deleting some defending french units just so germany could feel good before the enevitible :goodjob:

I just feel sorry for the AI i suppose. Ill try this in the .45 version, i will heavily edit the germans to build up their entire infastructure with the exception of the specialized factories, ill leave that to the AI, and i will delete strassbourg again.

Settings will be : Reveal all cities, scripted events, NO alternate history, extra save, westwall, and deity ai as usual.

Another thought just occurred to me. I have played a bunch of Sins of a Solar Empire Star Trek Call to Arms mod, and those folks have used a text to binary converter for all of their text files to make the game run faster, would that be an option or would something like that break what you have done? Just a gee whiz :)

Ill be playing the USSR this time and just sit inside the borders with a massive defense and let germany have all the time in the world and see what happens with the above, i forgot to put that in my last post :(

So yea, Germany managed to take Mulhouse, and then hit the wall of French/British units and stalled out again. Its July of 41, Hitler and Benito declared war on me and not a single axis unit anywhere near the eastern border. I will keep a wall of units up and just let Germany / Italy get wrecked by the French and British, i wonder how long it will take, Italy usually runs out of oil by early to mid 41, Germany has a huge reserve of materials men and oil, so this may take awhile.

Surprises of Surprises, Germany managed to take Paris about the end of October 41, and then about the beginning of December of 41 actually had a wall of units at the eastern front... they are trying :goodjob:

If Germany is sending too many units in Norway, you can try to edit this in ScriptEuro1940.lua

Code:
	[GERMANY] = {	
			[TROOPS_GERMANY_NORWAY] = {
				Name = "Germany to Norway",
				CentralPlot = {X=41, Y=54},
				MaxDistanceFromCentral = 6,
				ReserveUnits = 5, -- minimum unit to keep in this area (ie : do not send those elsewhere)
				EmbarkList = { {X=40, Y=54}, {X=40, Y=55}, {X=39, Y=53}, {X=38, Y=53},}, -- near Kiel (West of)
				RandomEmbark = false, -- true : random choice in spawn list
				WaypointList = { {X=38, Y=55}, {X=37, Y=60}, },
				RandomWaypoint = false, -- true : random choice in waypoint list (use 1 random waypoint), else use sequential waypoint movement.
				LandingList = { {X=39, Y=64}, {X=39, Y=63}, {X=40, Y=63}, {X=41, Y=64}, {X=42, Y=64}, }, -- Between Bergen and Oslo
				RandomLanding = true, -- false : sequential try in landing list
				MinUnits = 3,
				MaxUnits = 6, -- Maximum number of units on the route at the same time
				Priority = 10, 
				Condition = GermanyReinforcementToNorway, -- Must refer to a function, remove this line to use the default condition (true)
			},

and change MinUnits, MaxUnits to something lower (maybe 2-3 or 1-2 or even 0 to disable that troops route)

IIRC it's not in the units list... but it shouldn't be in the project list to start, code is not done for carriers...

yes, and report other carrier .if you see them, TIA

Another issue: Liberating Denmark

If I recall it correctly, both my current French game and the USSR game (and even my English game, but I'm not sure) hava/had difficulties with Denmark.

When moving my troops into German-occupied Denmark (with Copenhagen still Danish), the area turn Danish during the current turn but when the "end turn" processing occurs, my liberated hexes turn German again (without any German units in the neigborhood).

Now I just liberated Aalborg, and it is a French city surrounded by German land (even with my unit(s) around the city.

I'm not sure how this happens, since it only occurs with Denmark.

UPDATE: next turn, now all is blue (French territory)

Top Bottom