New Scotland

WartyX

Chieftain
I've been working on the first mod which I intend to release for Colonization; the inclusion of New Scotland as a playable faction. Thoughts and ideas are appreciated

NEW SCOTLAND (Scottish Colonies)

As an independent country, Scotland was notorious for a string of failed colonies including Nova Scotia and Darien. However, the Scots became a major part of colonising British America following the union with England and Wales in 1707. Despite being one of Western Europe's poorest regions, Scotland boasted one of the highest literacy rates in the world. Immigrants from Scotland brought their intellect to the Thirteen Colonies and the so-called ' Scottish Enlightenment' played a key role in the events leading up to Revolution.

LEADERS

John Paul Jones

Born in Scotland 1747. Following his move to the Americas, Jones became an Admiral in the Continental Navy. He fought against the Royal Navy in the American Revolutionary War and became one of the first national heroes of the United States. His unconventional tactics led several European countries to brand him as a pirate.

Enlightened (+100% Education)
Naval (-50% Tools, -50% Guns required to build warships)

William Alexander

Born in Scotland 1570. After earning a knighthood for a life writing poetry for the royal court, Alexander was commissioned to lead some of the first colonists in New Scotland. Despite the initial failure of the colonisation, it allowed the British Empire to root a firm claim to the vast expanses of the former Scottish colony.

Enlightened (+100% Education)
Cultured (Improves Relations With Europe)

CITIES

Nova Scotia
Cape Breton
East Jersey
Stuarts Town
Darién
New Iverness

Spoiler :

Perhaps Robert Barclay(Govener of East Jersey). Since he was an author of "one of the most impressive theological writings of the century", and also so a heavy catholic, perhaps his personal trait could be, Theological(+100% cross production).

Or maybe you could use Sir William Alexader(Founder of Nova Scotia). In his early life he was a well known poet and a play writter later in his life, so maybe his trait could be, Cultured(Increases relations with the King)i.e If denying everything the king asks for would get anyone else at "Furious" you'd be at "Annoyed". I know thats kind of a stretch but hey, I'm pretty sure someone as sophiticated as the King could level with a cultured person rather the some uncultured swine.

GO SCOTLAND!

I was actually planning of using William Alexander. Your 'Cultured' trait does sound quite fitting actually. My main struggle now will be making these leaderheads...

Would there be a way to make it so both Scotland and England have the same Europe faction?

Do you mean have the same King?

Yes indeed. Two seperate entities which are identical won't work though, when you have team games it is odd seeing two seperate 'King of England' in the scoreboard.

Oh in that case, just rename the King of England, King of Scotland. And I see you've Chosen William Alexander. Cool.

Also, if you want to test your modding skils, why not add unique units? I have a few ideas if you decide to do so.

Nah my problem is that I don't want it to be King of Scotland + King of England, but a single King who governs all the British factions (I've been working on Wales too).

Edit: Go on then, what are your ideas for units?

Ooh, you may have to ask someone more skilled but I personally do not think It's possible.(You could just rename the King of England King of Briton, and have have a Prince or Duke of Scotland as the royal figure head.) Also, Scotland wasn't part of Briton untill 1707. So I think you can fudge history 100 years or so rather than 300 years.

But anyway, here are my Ideas for unique units;

France: Courer de Bois. Replaces a hardy pioneer can build improments and has +50% production of all raw matierals. i.e, Food(fish included),Silver,Cotton,Sugar,Ore,Tabbaco,Lumber, and Fur.

Spain:Either Conquistador(Replaces Dragoon, Veteran and Regular), an additional +25% against natives, or Pikeman(Replaces Soldier but Not Veteran Soldier) , A soldier that only requiers tools and has +200% against mounted units but -50% against infantry.

The Nethelands: Fluyt. Replaces Galleon. It's basicaly a galleon, with 8 cargo holds.

England: Either Rocket, replaces cannon, can bombard a city from a tile back(CxR as opposed to CR) can also bombard units(Ships included but maybe -50% to copansate for the whole accuracy thing.) or Nobleman +4 Crosses and Liberty Bells.

And of course, Scotland: Higlander, Replaces Soldier(Regualr and Veteran) Starts with Mountaineer I&II, Ranger I, and looter.

Hope you like these ideas.:D

If you need any more ideas, you can allways contact me. Can't wait.

I see a problem with this. John Paul Jones is already a founding father. You should replace him either in the founding fathers section, or leaders (In which case, use Robert Barclay).

Just change the name of John Paul Jones in the founding fathers section to François Joseph Paul.
Both famous admirals from the same time period. 1 Frigate bonus suits just anyone though. :lol:

Top Bottom