New terrains ARE possible

Zurai

King
After about half an hour of fiddling around, I have a working swamp terrain in the game. At the moment, it doesn't work with the map creation scripts; it has to be hand placed with the map editor. It's also just borrowing the grassland art since I'm no 3d artist. The important thing, though is that it DOES work, it is added automagically to the editor, and everything works like I set it up to in the XML (1/0/0 base, 2 movement, 25% worker penalty, 10% defense bonus, 0/0/1 river bonus).

Hopefully this is a sign of great things to come :) I know that I needed a swamp terrain for my own mod, and I'm sure the ability to add more terrains will make a lot of people happy.

I'm not quite sure how the terrains are handled. They seem to have several .dds textures both for the terrain itself and for possible terrain boundaries (like a grassland/plains edge, for example). I havn't looked hard enough at the terrain art xml to tell exactly how they all fit together.

Nice work Zurai!!

So far, after seeing just a few screenshots of the game; it appears to me that the terrain and other aspects of the enviroment blend well. I even saw terratory borders defined by a river. Seems like Firaxis put in alot of work so that everything fits together nicely.

Top Bottom