Votes: 3 12.0%
  • slave camp

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Highgeneral

Gone forever!
i would like to see new tile improvements lik ww1 trenches 'farms '
walls' highways' underwater tunnels'(for future age) and under farms and nets' well if you have any ideas just tell me!!

--underwater tunnels: What exactly would these do?
--ww1 trenches: You can already do that: Build a line of fortresses, and fortify your infantry in there. Of course, it doesn't have the appearance of a trench, but all in all it's the same thing.
--walls: What do you mean?
--under water farms and nets: Say what?
--highways (railroad upgrade): How exactly can you upgrade infinite movement?
--farms: Railroads already add a food to any irrigated tiles; they replace Civ2's farms. IMO, this is probably the way it should be, but the alternative of railroads not adding any food and the ability to build farms might prove to be better.
--super mine: Same thing as farms.
--under water mine: Uhh...
--bunkers (light forts): Hmm, maybe... What would these do?
--slave camp: Same as bunkers.

I voted for farms as I think if RR did not provide the food bonus the AI might not build them everywhere.

Some of the other stuff is a bit futuristic - I'd like to see some things that are resource specific, like Derrick Fields for oil tiles, Offshore Rigs for oil in the sea, and Maybe Open Pit mines for coal, copper and uranium. A worker could build these and disappear as when an airfield or LP is built. They could provide an additional 2-3 shields of production vs a regular mine.

Farms and highways would look great. A second level of irrigation would be nice.

Bridges and tunnels would be nice too. They should cost $ though, and I don't think the game can handle that at this moment.

Trenches? I guess whenever a modern infantry unit fortifies, they dig trenches.

I also don't think the game can handle resource-specific improvements, but it would look great! :)

ok ralil roads should be down graded

build walls on the border to keep barbaians out any double defence under water farms and net food from the sea
bunkers only takes one turn to build on grassland hills 2 turns mountians 3 turns but have less defence can be built only in modern age and future age.
yes when a modern unit fortifies the dig treanches
when you capture slave you need a place for them to live don't you?

maybe a slave camp is where you get your salves.
or maybe where you put two slaves and 3 appear

As a WWI nut, I have to vote trenches :mischief:

No offence. But all of these suggestions don't really add anything to the game.

Originally posted by Highgeneral
ok ralil roads should be down graded

build walls on the border to keep barbaians out any double defence under water farms and net food from the sea
bunkers only takes one turn to build on grassland hills 2 turns mountians 3 turns but have less defence can be built only in modern age and future age.
yes when a modern unit fortifies the dig treanches
when you capture slave you need a place for them to live don't you?
I played CTP, Highgeneral. About a dozen times before I got tired of it. Judging from your suggestions, I guess you liked it more than I did.
I think what Willj was asking was for a little more detail on the ideas you want us to offer opinions on in your poll. One word suggestions like "trenches" and "walls" doesn't give me much to work on.
Are you suggesting that the trenches and slave camps would just be graphics? Or would they serve some purpose in the game? Would the trenches add more defensive bonus than just fortifying a unit? Would you get some benefit like happy citizens from holding slaves in a slave camp?

trenches add a small defensive bonus you can order a modern fortified infantry to dig trenches

Farms!

The story of civilization has been largely one of agricultural progress. I'd have a new type for each era. And they look better than RRs!

As long as you can 'edit them' put em all in,
Trenches could be a 'fortify more' function.
Better still just have an 'ADD IMPROVMENT' function in the editor, and edit what that new improvement does
+/- food, +/- Sheilds, +/- Trade, +/- Defence, reduce movement cost, upgrade terrain bonuses
Add in a 'graphic set' of all your choices and more....

Really all I want to see is CIV3: Game Engine. with all the ingame funcationability you can handle and then some...I'd pay $200 for that

Walls would probably be a pretty good idea. :) Here's my idea for implementing them:

Each wall component (which takes up a square) costs one worker (whether it's a slave or not doesn't matter). This makes it expensive, and simulates that many laborers have been killed when constructing large walls in the past. Bombardment units can pillage walls, but they don't always succeed. Maybe the walls could have a bombardment defense of 24, which, for example, would mean a cannon would have a 1/4 chance of knocking down a section of wall when bombarding it. Units can't cross over walls, but cannon or more advanced artillery units can bombard over them. Also, each wall component costs two (maybe one) maintainence per turn.

Farms and super mines might also be a good idea. Instead of railroads giving an extra food to irrigated squares and an extra shield to mined ones, you can build farms and super mines, and railroads only help with movement. Although the word "super mine" sounds kind of stupid (no offense). IIRC there are three main types of mines (forgot the names, though), and that one is better than the others. Maybe "super mines" could be called whatever that best kind of mine is called.

Although, as always, we can't expect these things to be added on a whim; it'd have to be thought through whether these would keep game balance in order. The rest of the ideas I don't really like. WW1 trenches and light bunkers aren't bad, but I don't think they'd really improve the game.

Top Bottom