New unique abilities discussion

I really don't think they Dutch will have a windmill UB that enhances marshes because such a building would frankly suck. I mean, who doesn't clear the marshes around his cities before he has researched Economics ?
It's much more likely that they either have a unique tile improvements that can be built on marshes or they can improve marsh tiles without clearing them and get bonus yields.

For the Dutch, they'll probably bring back the levee UB which I think will replace the Watermill. I think it'd probably work in the same function as Aztec's UB but production or gold oriented.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned which UA would get the greatest buff from the embarking defense and that is Denmark and with the addition of naval units able to attack from sea they would be deadly in terms of coastal attacks.

I really don't think they Dutch will have a windmill UB that enhances marshes because such a building would frankly suck. I mean, who doesn't clear the marshes around his cities before he has researched Economics ?
The windmill in the game just now, coming with economics, boosts the production of buildings. I've always considered 'sawmill' a much better term for that thing. I don't see any relationship with clearing marshes. For the Dutch I was rather thinking of a replacement for the granary or the watermill.
It might indeed be like the floating gardens, which increases food from lakes. That 'sucks' as well, until you know that it also adds 15% of the total food production. We don't know whether a Dutch unique building won't also have an additional benefit like that.

A term like 'improvement' is nowhere mentioned, only 'buildings' is. But whether the term 'buildings' is directly connected with the marshes isn't clear, so yes, you may speculate about what is really meant.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned which UA would get the greatest buff from the embarking defense and that is Denmark and with the addition of naval units able to attack from sea they would be deadly in terms of coastal attacks.
Polynesia would benefit greatly as well. They take to the water even sooner and with a wider range.

Floating Gardens are arguaböy the best UB in the game, I don't see why anone would think it sucks.
A watermill replacement that improves marshes would make sense. It comes reasonably early to make use of marshland.
'Building', well...
Our source is a google-translated article from a Dutch magazine which probably first translated an English interview into Dutch. I always assume the possibility of mistakes or inaccuracies in a translation.

Our source is a google-translated article from a Dutch magazine which probably first translated an English interview into Dutch. I always assume the possibility of mistakes or inaccuracies in a translation.
Spot on. I think the journalist has had maybe 15 minutes or so on the phone with Dennis Shirk. The German "Computer Bild Spiele" specifically mentioned it has had Dennis shirk on the phone. But that's exactly why a value the words higher than the context, I think it's easier to mix up the exact context than to replace words.
No Google for me, though, I've only bothered reading the original texts.

Top Bottom