NEW UNIT: Kontiki

There is a trick to shrinking units, and that is to make two storyboards.
This is how I shrunk utah's Viking Swordsman to 85% size.
The frames where 73*73 pixels from the start. I used flicster to increase them to 85*85, and exported this to a storyboard. Then I increased it to 100*100. I took the 100*100, used SBB to shrink it to 85%, i e 85*85. I made pcx of this, and saved it as (overwriting) the 85*85 storyboard. I used this with the 85 FXM to make a flic of it again. Serve with salmon mousse. :D

Hope this helps.

Finally got around to scaling down the Kontiki... enjoy! It's now 70% its original size... and personally, I think we could go even smaller..

I figured out what I was doing wrong as well.. I was trying to load the BMPs like you do with the Single Unit Storyboards... duh! :rolleyes:

Hey Dom Pedro, I just opened the zip expecting it to have three different sized Kon Tiki's but it's only got the one, the 70% sized one. Are you going to post the small one as well? Great unit!

Dom Pedro, thank you for another great unit of yours! Good addition to the Incas. I think the rafts like this were used in the South America as the timber for their construction can only be found here and possible in SE Asia. Even though the main gene pool of the Polinesians provved to be not South American Indian the contacts and cultureal influence still may well be possible... by means of the giant ocean-sailing rafts.

// Just an idea, couldnt this unit be made into a scout unit able to cross ocean squares for an expansionist civilization? Would the game allow it? //

Djv, for the Ocean scout puposes I'd use Hokulea rather than the Kon Tiki raft since the former were mainly used for exploration and warfare puposes as far as I know (that's how the maori discovered the New Zewaland islands in the 8th century). And the giant rafts were primarely used for puporseful relocating to another archipelagos - so in game the kon Tiki's use would rather be s naval trasport for the Incas and Polinesians.

Btw, the prerequisite for the both units seems to be the Celestial knowlege - as that's how the crafts were navigated across the vast spaces of the Pacific - by the stars.

Top Bottom