New Unit - Napalm Bomber / Chemical Bomber

pesoloco

Civ-aholic
This is my NEW napalm bomber plane, created for the newly formed JULY 26TH COALITION. It sprays burning napalm onto unsuspecting enemies.
This could also be used as a chemical bomber since it looks like chemicals being sprayed as well.

Get the Zip file here

*evil mechanical laugh* This is great! Time to go melt some guerillas... burn, baby burn! :goodjob:

Originally posted by sween32
*evil mechanical laugh* This is great! Time to go melt some guerillas... burn, baby burn! :goodjob:

And all this time I thought you LIKED guerillas....
(haha);)

Originally posted by pesoloco
And all this time I thought you LIKED guerillas....
(haha);)

Ah, either way. I'm guarenteed a whole lot o' fun 'n killin'! :hammer:

Great unit! Fun for the whole family!

Attachments

• fidel2.jpg
    fidel2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,910
OH MY GOD! That has to be the funniest use of a Fidel picture I have ever seen in my life! LMAO! :lol:

ok, i think i can stop laughing now... ahem...

It could look great in a Scenario on Vietnam as didn't they use Napalm and other chemicals on forests? Anyway, a Vietnam scenario with the Mig-21s and the aircraft of that time would be cool. You could have the Americans with the South Vietnamese Units being American, and the North Vietnamese being Soviet Units as I believe they basically both were. North and South being played against each other by two Super Powers.

it was china that backed the n.v. army. truely over half the army were chinese soldiers.

Healz, dannyevilcat is making one the exact same way you just mentioned. you can see more about it at the July 26th Coalition thread.

wyrmshadow, not a bad idea... but can that be doen with the way aircraft are used? will you be able to cut down jungles with the operation range (not bombard range)? that could actually be how agent orange would work in a scenario.

recon, yes they did get major backup from the chinese as far as soldiers, but their tanks and weapons were mostly soviet.

I don't know why but I REALLY like this plane. I mean...I've got all the plane units posted here at CF and I like them all but this one I really like. It just looks like it's totally ready to fly low over the jungle canopy unleashing destruction. Sweet.

wyrmshadow, not a bad idea... but can that be doen with the way aircraft are used? will you be able to cut down jungles with the operation range (not bombard range)? that could actually be how agent orange would work in a scenario.

For the scenario, maybe you could have a communist unit that's immobile and uses the jungle terrain graphic. You could intersperse it among the real jungle on top of a modified tundra graphic (wouldn't need it for the map of Viet Nam anyway) that looks like burned up forest. Give it a very high defense value and you could use the napalm to destroy it. The communist units could move thru it but the RVN/US units would have to destroy it to move thru it. The problems would be that the "jungle" unit could be killed by other RVN/US units, not just the napalm bomber. I don't know how to get around that.

You would just put this unit in certain strategic places because you would want plenty of just regular jungle for your jungle fighting units.

Just an idea... :scan:

GREAT WORK pesoloco!!!!! Lets burn something....... this one will really be usefull.

As sween32 or someone else thought of, make it burn forest and jungles. Dont know if that is possible. The only thing that comes in mind is pillage, right?

/OmniMower

Originally posted by nonnob3
Compliments from your "ALLIES" :goodjob:
I like this unit!!!!!! :yeah:

Thank you, my friend. Or as they say in your tongue, Dankeshane. (sp?)

And thank you to all those who rated this plane.
I was thinking it may be possible to create a plane that functioned as a land unit and use it to clear forests and jungles. Or maybe this plane, if you remove the IMMOBILE ability and give it the clear forests/jungles ability, it would work as you mention.
You would have to add a few changes to the INI file though to make it use the bombing animation for clearing forests/jungles.

pesoloco, for the vietnam scenario this can be used as the land unit Agent Orange bomber that clears forests and jungles. unless you want to make a historically accurate one with a smaller plane, either way it doesn't matter.

have you started the Napalm Bomb yet, or are you taking a break? speaking of breaks, i think mines been long enough now... time to get back to the NVA mortar... maybe tomorrow... what? i promised my girlfriend i'd take her to a movie tonight!

Danke schoen... darling danke schoen... thank you for all the joy and pain... i recall central park in fall... how you tore your dress, what a mess, i confess, that's not all...

pesoloco, for the vietnam scenario this can be used as the land unit Agent Orange bomber that clears forests and jungles. unless you want to make a historically accurate one with a smaller plane, either way it doesn't matter.

have you started the Napalm Bomb yet, or are you taking a break? speaking of breaks, i think mines been long enough now... time to get back to the NVA mortar... maybe tomorrow... what? i promised my girlfriend i'd take her to a movie tonight!

It doesn't matter to me. If you want, you could keep this as the napalm bomber and then make the agent orange plane a mixture of the game's original fighter plane and the napalm bombing animation.

EDIT: No, I haven't started on the napalm bomb yet.

It could be that I haven't played for awhile, but this bomber seems to look rather exactly the same as the original civ3 bomber. What about a napalm bomber which is more like a hellcat like in the movie 'We Were Soldiers' for extra realism? They dropped canisters which erupted in a sea of flame.

Originally posted by unscratchedfoot
It could be that I haven't played for awhile, but this bomber seems to look rather exactly the same as the original civ3 bomber. What about a napalm bomber which is more like a hellcat like in the movie 'We Were Soldiers' for extra realism? They dropped canisters which erupted in a sea of flame.

Yes, I did base this bomber off the civ3 bomber. Mine is grey, not green, and has an extra engine on each wing. I based this plane off of a picture of a b-52 superfortress I saw in a picture. It said that the B-52 was used to drop napalm, but many people have been sending me pictures of smaller planes. I may redo the plane to make it a smaller one.

Top Bottom