• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New unit: Native american fictional ship

I don't know... But what about a native-american word for "shark, dolphin, wavebreaker, seamonster, seagull etc..."

I was just thinking of using a name like "Iroquois... etc" But another name would be good...

Found a site that translates english into Ojibwe and Odawa (Don't know if they belonged to Iroquois or not, I'm no expert on native ameircans...):

http://mokennon.albion.edu/odawatest.html-ssi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will use it for myself anyways:

Seagull = gayaashk
Boat = jiimaan
Feather = miigwan
Water = nibi

etc etc, I don't know what I will use though. The translator couldne't translate words like Ship, Sea. Because I thought I could use Sea Ship...

Originally posted by Risbinroch
Found a site that translates english into Ojibwe and Odawa

Thanks for the link. "Gchi- Jiimaan" is what I named it, it means "big boat". Don't know how to pronounce it, though. :D

Very nice :goodjob:. Unfortunatly, some of the names people are suggesting are very hard to pronounce, :lol:. 'Gchi,' hmm... I have honestly never seen a 'ch' follow a 'G' very confusing. Regardless, great unit.

BTW: You could always just name it Odawa Jiimaan, seems like it fit the purpose.

Well I know you're looking for a name so here is some Cherokee for ya.

big = equa
ship = tsiyu
sail = a'isv
war = danuwa
ocean = amequohi
arrow = gatlida or guni
oar = gagawasti
feather = ugidali

In Cherokee "v" is the Romanicized/Anglicized letter for the nasalized "u" sound. Think of it as a "u" with a tilde which is used on such letters like "ñ" and "ã".

Top Bottom