New Unit: Pietone (February 14, 2005)

utahjazz7 said:
He's left-handed. ;)

Although, I do find it odd that he attacks with his left hand but hammers to build the road with his right ;)

Rufus T. Firefly said:
Not sure, but I think that in Old Italian (and I'm Italian) the word Pietone doesn't exist. Could be better Pedone? (it is the name of the minor chess piece)

Yeah, I think Pietone is the French equivalent.

I have a question about this 10 year old unit... :)

When I load a game, the worker animation isn't working anymore.

So a Pietone that is working on a road, he doesn't look like he's working when I open a game.
How can I fix this?

ps. an excellent unit by the way. :goodjob:

At first blush, I'd say the animation isn't assigned in the file that determines which flcs and wav files are used by the unit. If no flc is assigned to a task, then no animation will be shown. It's kind of like if you don't have a Victory flc or Fortify flc, then if you win a combat or dig in, it just shows the unit in Default mode. Take a look at the ini file and make sure everything is in order there.

At first blush, I'd say the animation isn't assigned in the file that determines which flcs and wav files are used by the unit. If no flc is assigned to a task, then no animation will be shown. It's kind of like if you don't have a Victory flc or Fortify flc, then if you win a combat or dig in, it just shows the unit in Default mode. Take a look at the ini file and make sure everything is in order there.

the animation is working, only it's not happening when I load a game...

the animation is working, only it's not happening when I load a game...
Not sure what you mean by "load a game". Do you mean you have been playing your mod, saved a game, modified the rules in the editor and then reloaded the saved game ? If it's the case, then it won't work. Your have to start a new game. If I did not understand you, then did you check the .ini file as erebras told you ?

I think I know what you mean. It's when you save a game, closes down Civ3 and when you later restarts and reloads that game, then the animations no longer plays (for instance a worker building a mine just plays default.flc while he actually is performing the build-action). This behaviour happens in my game too (modded game). I noticed it first on the user-made units, but it is possible that Firaxis-units are affected as well. It don't know why this happens, though.

Not sure what you mean by "load a game". Do you mean you have been playing your mod, saved a game, modified the rules in the editor and then reloaded the saved game ? If it's the case, then it won't work. Your have to start a new game. If I did not understand you, then did you check the .ini file as erebras told you ?
when I save a game and come back to it (load game) then the animation for the Pietone isn't working.
I think I know what you mean. It's when you save a game, closes down Civ3 and when you later restarts and reloads that game, then the animations no longer plays (for instance a worker building a mine just plays default.flc while he actually is performing the build-action). This behaviour happens in my game too (modded game). I noticed it first on the user-made units, but it is possible that Firaxis-units are affected as well. It don't know why this happens, though.
yes, the Firaxis workers appear as it should. I have a 'serf' unit that is a Middle Ages worker in my mod, and that animation appears too when I load a savegame.

Only the Pietone animation doesn't work and I don't know where this setting is.

Top Bottom