New Unit: Scottish Warrior

Originally posted by LouLong

Yep great, especially since he can be used as both Aragorn and Scotsman. :goodjob:
I personally would use the European Swordsman as Aragorn, and this for Boromir.

Originally posted by sween32
I personally would use the European Swordsman as Aragorn, and this for Boromir.

That's funny, I would do the exact opposite ;)
Aragorn had a longsword, Boromir had a shorter broadsword. Atleast in the movie. But I got the same idea from the book too... ;)

THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOM!!!

Looks great!!! This would make a great Scottish flavor unit

Nice unit :goodjob:

aaglo: Boromir also had the shield in the film aswell.

Really nice unit. Im gonna add it to FE v3.0 :)

Great unit, replacing my Gallic swordsman now :goodjob: [dance]

That's a sword? I thought it was a pollarm until I re-read the unit description :rolleyes:

This is a great unit, but I have to say the way he handles his sword is a bit disconcerting. I love the attack, you really get the feeling that that sword weighs a ton and you sure don't want to be on the wrong end of it, but the default and run animations make it look like he is carrying a plastic sword like my little brothers play with.

Could you redo the default and run animations with the sword strapped to his back? It would significantly add to the realism of the unit and would do away with all the people making comments on the size of his sword. I hope you don't take offense to this request. I wouldn't even bother if I didn't think you could do it and it was well worth a try and if you didn't have a history of updating your units. :)

Just a thought, hope you agree.

I agree, great unit, awesome attack, one of the best attack animations I've seen, but the one handed swinging of the claymore in the default is a bit funny looking.

I would say that if that suggested change was made this would be the best pre-gunpowder unit on the boards.

Attachments

• scottnewflics.gif
    scottnewflics.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 412
cool! that was very fast. I just thought of something and I can't test it here at work, but how will it look now going from the new default to the fortify? Does he unsheath his sword or does it just appear in his hands? Sorry, I should have thought of that earlier.

Originally posted by Kal-el
cool! that was very fast. I just thought of something and I can't test it here at work, but how will it look now going from the new default to the fortify? Does he unsheath his sword or does it just appear in his hands? Sorry, I should have thought of that earlier.

hmmm, never thought of that. I'll have to look at it. But, I'd really like to finish my Monk unit first.

Originally posted by Kal-el

And if he does unsheath it, presumably he would do so by reaching over his shoulder, so I hope it's not the pointy end that he's going to end up grabbing... :D

:D the most important thing is that you don't lose interest in creating new units. If making him draw his sword is going to turn you off to the community then, by all means, don't do it. We can't lose your talents when there are so many great units left for you to make. :D

it would be nice to have eventually, so if you say you will do it when you finish your other projects, or between projects, or when you find the time, or some day, that is fine with me. just give me a little something to pin my hopes on and I will wait for a long, long time. :D

:D Alright Kal-el, I'll try to get to it sometime. don't think it's real important right now. by the way, your DyP mod is great and it's all i play. ( well, besides the Balrog's Fantasy Empires). Keep up the good work!

Kindred are you satisfied with the unit action sounds associated with the Scoti Warrior? I have a set of alternate sounds that I have mixed up that seem to work a bit more choreographically. The Run sounds in particular that are associated with this unit are geared more for a heavily armored footman.

Id like your Go Ahead on this set before I post them in case your happy with the first set.

Top Bottom