New Units: The Might of Rome

Thank you very, very much for redoing these units! Hope the legions turn out as well as the, frankly fantastic, Auxilia horsemen (which will also serve me as Gallic Cavalry). Its beautiful!!!

As it was, the old Auxilia seved as the graphic for ancient cavalry when I play unmoded games. Can't wait to try the new one!

...and can be dl-ed from the first post, preview anim with attackB plus victory in the third post (below the auxilia ;)). Early republican and imperial legionary are still to do.

The updated guys also come with simple build anims like this one attached here (oh and yes I stole the idea with the shield etc in the bg from kinboat, he can sue me if he want :p ;)).

One thing I'm not able to fix was the strange attack sounds despite the ini files link to the original legionary's AMBs. I suspect it has to do with the length of the anims, my attack anims are much longer than those from the Firaxis legio. Unless we don't find a way to edit those AMBs I think I'll create some new wav files composed from the Firaxis sounds and post them later, when all updates are finished. Of course if someone has already cool sounds he can post them too :)

Attachments

• laterep_leg_built.gif
    laterep_leg_built.gif
    39.8 KB · Views: 516
Yep, my evil Photopaint cannot make faster gifs (unless I would leave out frames) - it is faster in the game ;)

Woohoo, a build anim. :clap:

The legion (attack) looks great too. :) But there is still a little thing. May be others won't agree(?), but I think, it would be a good idea fixing his left leg after his fist strike with the gladius. If only the body moves (and turn) back for the next strike it will look more stable. I know, it's a hard job and it looks allready very nice, but... well it could still be little nicer animated. :blush: :duck:

aaglo said:
Ha-ha. :D
Shameless ripoff ;) - say, is it a bit slow (or is it just the gif-animation acting up again) :) ?

Good work :thumbsup:
you mean the centurion by kinboat? ;)

:cry: I just noticed that the evil flicster ghost pixel bug striked again in the first attack anim of the Late republican guy. I'll upload a fixed anim later.

Oki, the fixed attackA anim for the late republican legionary is attached in the first post now. The update for the early republican legionary is now completes as well, the link to the file is in the first post too. :D A death preview for this guy is in the fourth post ;)

Now only the imperial legionary is left.

BeBro, I can't thank you enough for redoing these- they look great, and I'm really glad you added a build animation for them too, it just makes them even more complete-- Thanks again, and one to go@

These units just keep getting better- and remind me that Rome: Total War is comming out soon- we should do a MP once it's out, BeBro...

I've been wondering: would you mind making a Carthagian unit of some sort to completemnt your great romanii?

The imperial legionary is now finished, so the update's of all my Roman units is complete :)

DL him from the first post, a preview is below (victory), and in the 5th post of the thread (default > fidget) :)

The only thing I'll add tomorrow or so is some modified attack sounds.

Attachments

• imp_legio_vic.gif
    imp_legio_vic.gif
    56 KB · Views: 842
Downloaded them and tested them. The run is very much improved and is now better than some Firaxis ones. Great,great work. Nice to see these units have had their full potential realised.

Now I think its time to replay the Rise of Rome conquest....VAE VICTAS!

Well I think, they are going better and better. My favourite (for use) will be the late republican but I think the imperial legionary is looking best. Great work! And again: thank you for updating the units.

Ok, I also have the modified attack sounds ready. They are attached in the first post including three new ini files for the legionaries, which make use of thse sounds. Just copy them and the correct new ini file into the folders where you have installed these legionaries.

But don't expect some breathtaking new sounds, they are just wavs made from Firaxis sounds since the original files do not work correctly....;)

Top Bottom