New update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine it's any "real" content. My hope would be that it's like cleaning up the remaining bugs, maybe a little bit of "final" balance, and then for content it's just like a game mode where all the leaders wear a Christmas hat when you play, or something dumb like that.

I've always really liked the art for Anthology, so I suggested it to 2K that they make it the Steam background. Right now, it still has the Leader Pass art, but with that being over, I think something more... encompassing would make sense here, them putting the final finishing touches on the game and all. I doubt they'll update the main menu, but it'd be cool to see it in the launcher at least.

Last edited:
Maybe it is a farewell patch that includes some small content, and team prepares for 2024 the year of new Civ game..
Everything that Eagle Pursuit has mentioned to me, leads me to believe this probably is that.

- A farewell patch that wraps up most bugs and issues (possibly event he Asset Limit)
- Possibly a DLL source release.
- A small wrap up free DLC like a new small game mode or something.

There's defeniately a new patch coming and afaik Eagle Pursuit mentioned that a new depo was added so.. something extra seems to be coming.

1699711476985.png

Depots being updated on a Saturday?

But will they get round to fixing all the problems that the last update did to the Switch version? Can only believe nobody play tested it before allowing it to be released. :gripe:
Not to mention that the iOS version has been completely broken for months on the new iPhones and mostly broken for everyone else after the latest system updates. They really need to find someone other than Aspyr to do the porting.

Civ 6 has been an amazing ride.

I still load up Civ 6 to play. There’s a tonne of stuff to do and ways to play. Lots of great touches that bring me back.

The last round of updates and leaders were just fantastic. No, not any radical changes to the game. But little things here or there that, when you add them to all the other little things, take a game or two in different interesting directions. Another update is quite unexpected. I’m sure it will be delightful whatever it is.

I wonder what may or may not happen with Civ 7. Personally, I hope Civ 7 builds on Civ 6, the way Civ 6 built on Civ 5. I very much enjoy the ‘board game’ feel of Civ 6 - hopefully Firaxis keep leaning into that. Otherwise, if Firaxis want to do something different, I’d hope they went back to something more like Civ 4, and really embraced the retro feel of it all. But I don’t really mind what Firaxis do - Civ 4 to 6 are all great fun, and I have plenty of games to play. Happy to see what comes with Civ 7.

Big picture. Hmm. There’s a lot going on the world at the moment, isn’t there? I am generally very optimistic about the world, and think there is a lot of good going on if you know where to look. But there have been some really *hard* things this year, and it feels like there are going to be harder futures to navigate as well, at least for a while. I’m fine and the world is fine and it’ll all be fine in the end, but it’s good to be mindful of things that are authentic and bring real happiness. With that in mind, I very much appreciate Civ, the lovely people that make it, and this delightful friendly clever funny community that enjoy it and talk about it, as a little pocket of real genuine happiness. It’s wonderful there’s a little game about history and spearman fighting tanks that can be so much fun. You can even pat the scout dog.

So, yes. I’m a little bit excited to see another update. Just a lovely little treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom