New Version - November 13th (11/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello again.

i think i got it. anyone care to give it a try? i still don't know why it was crashing only for some people, but there's a spot where it could plausibly crash (iterator invalidated by a remove call on an stl container).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16988401/civ/CvGameCore_Expansion2.zip

Just when I was giving up and proposing to withdraw...

Genius.

Will try now on autoplay in a new game, and after that in a save that was crashing since 11-13...

EDIT: how come your dll is almost twice as large as G's?

Just when I was giving up and proposing to withdraw...

Genius.

Will try now on autoplay in a new game, and after that in a save that was crashing since 11-13...

EDIT: how come your dll is almost twice as large as G's?

It's not optimized and compressed.

G

I just passed turn 100 on a new Fractal Standard game with CP11.13 + Il's new dll... and still going... :)

EDIT 1: past 150 and going...

EDIT 2: past 200 and going... plenty of wars so plenty of loops...

it's a debug build (all compiler optimization disabled - doesn't affect the c runtime)

G has the fix, so I assume he'll include it in his next proper release

it's a debug build (all compiler optimization disabled - doesn't affect the c runtime)

Having to piece through that nightmare of a text file you sent me, but yes, I am digging the proper code out. :)

G

obviously, the fix was not where we were looking into the code, no? (around the infamous for loop...)

obviously, the fix was not where we were looking into the code, no? (around the infamous for loop...)

It was, specifically where we thought it was. I knew ilteroi was on the case, though, so I haven't really been trying to fix it (I fiddled with the things you all asked me to, but my efforts have been elsewhere in the DLL, mainly the GrandStrategyAI).

G

It was, specifically where we thought it was. I knew ilteroi was on the case, though, so I haven't really been trying to fix it (I fiddled with the things you all asked me to, but my efforts have been elsewhere in the DLL, mainly the GrandStrategyAI).

G

Just passed turn 250 on the test game, I think it's safe to say it works now, I wasn't even reaching turn 20 after 11-13...

EDIT: and past turn 335 now, good!

EDIT 2: turn 362 now and Brazil (none the less) is eating the world...

EDIT 3: game ended in turn 388 with Brazil's cultural victory, achieved through a combo of conquering cultural civs and its own tourism. Stable as ever!

Concurred, mine has passed 120 turns with no issue.

Also, AI ranged unit placement and behavior looks pretty sane... unless it's trapped or squeezed, it seems to prioritize keeping it's distance. Will look more at that in a real game.

Still pretty curious, though, as to why that exception is handled gracefully on some systems (or perhaps doesn't occur).

G, given the success of Il's fix, may I ask you when you plan to release the next version?

(hopefully soon, as I was waiting the last days to test your new improvements and balance fixes... please).

EDIT: also, just tested my first 11-13 game that crashed on turn 10, now it passes that and the few next turns smoothly.

You can apply the fix to the page 7 patch Gazebo posted. 150 turns and so far no issues.

Brilliant work! All's fine for me. Everyone who helped this happen, especially Ilteroi, has my gratitude.

also seems to working for me too now.. cheers ppl for the good support you are giving to this mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom