New Version - November 13th (11/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any game I've tried since 11-13 produces it. For testing, I'm just running the CP (alone) on a standard map at quick pace. This particular session, I'm hitting it in 7 turns.

If you're not seeing it on your end, I sort of doubt the save game is going to be helpful, but I can upload that. I would suspect that will confirm that it's a user end problem.

My trouble with the debug session is that I don't know what to look for. I'm stepping through, watching values for m_CurrentTurnUnits, m_pPlayer, pUnit, the loop iterator etc... but I have no clue as to what would be irregular. I guess I could revert to an older version and observe that to gain some perspective.

Problem is that this is brand new code, and it is 'optimized' so the values may not show up properly (compiler compresses data, making it often impossible to get correct values while live debugging).

New test version inbound

Here's the changelog:

• Worked on reported CTD in tactical AI
  • Cities now only tradeable between players with a DoF
  • 3rd Party DOW/DOP only tradeable b/w civs with an embassy
  • Adjusted partisan spawn size and health a bit
  • Restored 1 happiness from discovering natural wonders
  • Bumped unhappiness values up slightly to compensate
  • GAP tooltip on top bar now updates with non-happiness values.
  • TRs to CS Friends/Allies now give small amounts of science (still testing)
  • Reduced Event Tourism to 10% for all Event Tourism things (Caravansary, Palace, etc.), except now it uses Culture from past 10 turns (instead of instant value). Value may need tweaking - we'll see.
  • Moved City growth function to end of city turn (no more exploit of growth->production chain in city turn)

Here's the link: Mega Beta Folder

Problem is that this is brand new code, and it is 'optimized' so the values may not show up properly (compiler compresses data, making it often impossible to get correct values while live debugging).

Gotcha.

I don't know how well Civ runs in a VM, but I might try that to see what happens in different environments. Or if it comes down to hardware.

Ilteroi on vacation?

Cities only tradable between players with a DoF
What's the rationale behind this change?

Also, are all these changes part of the CP as well? Because the change with DoW's requiring an embassy seems to go beyond bugfixing and into what CBP is trying to do.

Also, are all these changes part of the CP as well? Because the change with DoW's requiring an embassy seems to go beyond bugfixing and into what CBP is trying to do.

I agree, what is the rationale behind this change? It makes sense that my past enemies would want their cities back after a bad war by giving me a lump sum of gold, but they have to be my friends also to buy their cities back? :confused:

I agree, what is the rationale behind this change? It makes sense that my past enemies would want their cities back after a bad war by giving me a lump sum of gold, but they have to be my friends also to buy their cities back? :confused:

Isn't that what capitulation is for?

Somebody posted that they bought a city off the AI for luxuries and GPT, then immediately declared war. Free city, no diplomatic backlash.

I'd guess it's the same as the rationale behind only being able to get lump sums of gold from friends, so that you can't abuse the AI's trust by offering them long term deals for short term gains then immediately declaring war to negate your end of the bargain.

New test version inbound

Here's the changelog:

Here's the link: Mega Beta Folder

I'm getting a strange bug again, where my city isn't showing any information. As in, after I've settled my first city, the city bar isn't displayed and I can't access the city screen.

Is this a known problem and have I messed up the install again?

EDIT: It is my fault, didn't read the instructions for manual install :(

EDIT 2: Still getting early CTD sadly. Stuff attached

Attachments

• CvMiniDump (2).zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Logs (2).zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 47
  • AutoSave_0020 BC-3200.Civ5Save
    929.7 KB · Views: 36
A very early ctd again. It happens around the time I, and I assume the AI too, research the first 1 - 2 technologies. Given the fact that I always manually change the option in the sql file that alters bonus and luxury resource visibility (I set it to 2), could it be somehow related to the revelation of resources? I know you've actually already established the source of the ctds and, I assume, what I'm talking about here is in the lua, not the dll. Minidump and lua log attached just in case.

Attachments

• ctd.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 47
ok guys, sorry for this strange crash, i've put in some additional logging, maybe that will help to find the root cause.

you can find a new build at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16988401/civ/CvGameCore_Expansion2.zip - please place it in your CP folder, let it run and watch the output in TraceSpy.

when it crashes, look at the last lines, it should say something about CurrentTurnUnits.

edit: new version with improved logging uploaded

ok guys, sorry for this strange crash, i've put in some additional logging, maybe that will help to find the root cause.

you can find a new build at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16988401/civ/CvGameCore_Expansion2.zip - please place it in your CP folder, let it run and watch the output in TraceSpy.

when it crashes, look at the last lines, it should say something about CurrentTurnUnits. i might add that the very early problems are most probably not related to the range attack crash as you need to fulfill some conditions for that particular piece of code to be called.

I downloaded the latest version uploaded by Gazebo, i replaced his CP .dll file with the one you uploaded, i ran tracespy, i ran civ and crashed.

i'm uploading my minidump, as well as the copy of my entire session from tracespy in a wordpad document- the last lines look just like you said they would =)

Attachments

• dump&trace.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom