New Wonders: Part 3

There's also that if we really wanted a castle focused bonus, it could go on a tech or policy. It's not exactly that unique to Germany to have impressive castles versus other engineering that could be a wonder.

Is this objection a general concern over replacing older wonders? The answer to that was to balance the number available reasonably some less useful, less wonderful, or over represented eras and civs were axed to achieve some balance across eras and keep the total at something reasonable for game play. Too many wonders and it reduces the value of existing wonders.

If there are specific objections like Neusch, those are probably less compelling as some amount of thought went into which ones were to be renamed or replaced. Neusch seems to be the only named example being picked and it's probably the least defensible one that could have been kept (Leaning tower maybe worse).

There are mods which just add lots of new units, buildings, and wonders to the game. I feel that devalues things, making objects less unique. I prefer to replace things, when possible, instead of adding new things. It keeps the game focused.

The old honour policy for doubling experience rate for units was overpowered, but maybe the effect could be reused with a wonder in the renaissance with the effect lasting a limited number of turns?
It would be a fun and dynamic wonder effect since by this stage you usually have a decent army and someone deserving to beat up on.

temporary bonuses are bad. I'd rather lower the bonus but keep it permanent. If it's only available in the Renaissance or later eras, it shouldn't be a problem. There aren't that many military wonders in the late(r) game so that could work. The thing is, such an effect would be very similar to the Brandenburg Gate which gives free experience across the board. However, there's nothing wrong with having two similar wonders a bit apart on the tech tree.

What wonder would fit such a bonus though? Mount Rushmore? The Motherland Calls? Neuschwanstein? In any case, it's the industrial and later eras that don't have that many wonders...

Having said that, I doubt we are adding another wonder right now.

Permanent and weaker would work for me too if there is need for a new wonder effect. Especially since I find in the mod that it is more difficult to keep all my troops alive for perpetuity. I typically lose around one troop during each major battle, so reintroducing the experience rate boost might be good for a civ focused on building elite troops.

I apologize if this is the wrong topic to ask this but my brain is kind of having a moment with a question that I feel like I should know but can't remember. And apologizes for bumping up a about 2 month difference thread.

If I build a wonder, for example the Flavian Amphitheater, does that count only toward the city I built it or through out my empire? Like if I had the Flavian Amphitheater would I get +2 gold for Horses & Ivory every time I get one with all my cities or with just the city that has the wonder?

the little word local imho stands for just the fields arround the city you build the wonder in, also my experience confirms this, but nobody is without fail.

I really like some of the new wonders you have added recently, they feel like a natural extension of the old ones.

Top Bottom