New works (preview thread for any new civIII projects)...

Well i - surprise - am not happy with the set, but it is largely due to the known issues with the game; size restrictions make it so that one can either model something intricate or something which is meant to vaguely look ok in this presentation.
Maybe the 'New series' sets featured a better balance in that respect, but it was at the cost of numbers of buildings.

I may try slightly increasing the size of the byzantine set (but not more than 15% anyway) to see if there is any visible gain.

Last edited:
That looks like your best version yet! I like the darken tone. It looks more realistic. The size 3 looks like a massive city.

I'm working on a sort of age of discovery scenario based off my mod. I want it to set at the beginning of the early middle ages.
I am creating a map now - if someone wants to help or has ideas, let me know.

Tech tree middle ages.
Spoiler :

I'm currently working on/nearing completion of a mod that features Heaven vs. Hell. I don't have a good name yet. It's equally inspired by good ol' Revelations, as well as my interest in syncretic religion and media like Supernatural. It's got a lot of angel and demon units, but I've also tried to keep as many Civ3 units in it as possible (basically, I'm challenging myself to creatively implement pre-existing units).

Here's an IMGUR folder of some screenies: https://imgur.com/a/sLrEY

Do tell me what you all think. I've had a lot of fun writing Civilopedia entries, and I'm pretty excited to get it goin'!

I'm currently working on/nearing completion of a mod that features Heaven vs. Hell. I don't have a good name yet. It's equally inspired by good ol' Revelations, as well as my interest in syncretic religion and media like Supernatural. It's got a lot of angel and demon units, but I've also tried to keep as many Civ3 units in it as possible (basically, I'm challenging myself to creatively implement pre-existing units).

Here's an IMGUR folder of some screenies: https://imgur.com/a/sLrEY

Do tell me what you all think. I've had a lot of fun writing Civilopedia entries, and I'm pretty excited to get it goin'!

Good luck :)
But you should know that this thread is (just) about my own (new civIII) projects :D

(which are very likely over, tbh...)

Last edited:
Good luck :)
But you should know that this thread is (just) about my own (new civIII) projects :D

(which are very likely over, tbh...)

Oh, whoops! Threat title threw me off!

Mostly finished now, what do you think?

In case i make a celt one (or other barbaric ones) i think that their size 2 will be sized1 of the civilized sets, and 3 will be size 2, with 1 being smaller than civ size1.

Cause it will look stupid to have huts as main buildings in the first place, so a metro is unworkable (always had been).

Top Bottom