New York City (Vanilla 64x64)

~Hyatt

Chieftain
Hello this is my first real post and my first map i have ever made. While playing Civ 4 a game about building empires, i thought why not make a map of the fair city of New York, the gem of the Empire State. So i cranked it out and lo and behold it worked. i tried to be as accurate as i could with resourse placement like putting cows in the meatpacking district and oil near the refineries by Jersey City, and plenty of gold and gems by Wall Street. So if you could just play it and tell me how it works out and how i could better balance the game!

I also made the Hudson and East Rivers to be fairly narrow so if you wanted to control war fare when trying to invade manhattan or something. if you have a sizeable navy you can really control the flow of battle.

the map is 64 x 64 standard and it goes up to Mid Rockland County and the Bottom of Westchester down to Jones Beach and Staten Island roughly. I want to really represent the NYC so really tell me what it is to really make it good.

thanks ^_^

this is the map i used as my starting point

Just a zoomed close up of Manhattan

when i finally finish this map i might also want to take the revolution mod and stick it in somehow because of the many battles that took place in and around new york, but i dont know how to do senarios as well as maps (which i am not that good at either).

and if anyone knows how i can make this a warlords compatible map please let me know how, thanks

edit: after i had a few friends play test i redid the land, hill, resourses, and size so it would be more all over better game play. I hope that this is more fun :)

Attachments

• New York City.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 338
I LOVE THIS MAP! i have been looking for a good nyc map for a long time. thank you soooo very much

Top Bottom