Newbie CP/CBP Questions

ripple01

Emperor
I'm almost finished playing my first game with the CBP, and am really enjoying it so far. I had a couple of questions come up, and thought I'd start this thread for me and other newbs to post questions.

1) Liberating a CS - Is it possible to liberate a CS after you've captured it? I conquered a city-state that Russia had conquered, and foolishly selected to Puppet it instead of Liberate it. I was hoping there was a way after the fact to liberate the CS. If not, is this something that could be added, or is it this way for possible exploit reasons?

2) Advanced Actions for Spies - I had this happen to me multiple times during the games (my treasury robbed, my GPP assassinated) but I didn't notice my spies doing any of these. Did I just have bad luck? Or will I not receive a notification if my spy does an advanced action?

3) I tried to add a couple of modded civ's to use in my game. They all loaded OK except for the Promotions, which I could not figure out. How could I modify the modded cvs Promotions to get them to work with the CBP?

1) Liberating a CS - Is it possible to liberate a CS after you've captured it?
No it is not possible at the moment, and I have no idea if it would be possible to make :D

2) Advanced Actions for Spies - I had this happen to me multiple times during the games (my treasury robbed, my GPP assassinated) but I didn't notice my spies doing any of these. Did I just have bad luck? Or will I not receive a notification if my spy does an advanced action?
You get notifications. However advanced spy actions seems to happen to you way more than to others, mostly because every AI is going to keep a spy in your city for some reason.

I'm almost finished playing my first game with the CBP, and am really enjoying it so far. I had a couple of questions come up, and thought I'd start this thread for me and other newbs to post questions.

1) Liberating a CS - Is it possible to liberate a CS after you've captured it? I conquered a city-state that Russia had conquered, and foolishly selected to Puppet it instead of Liberate it. I was hoping there was a way after the fact to liberate the CS. If not, is this something that could be added, or is it this way for possible exploit reasons?

3) I tried to add a couple of modded civ's to use in my game. They all loaded OK except for the Promotions, which I could not figure out. How could I modify the modded cvs Promotions to get them to work with the CBP?

Glad you are enjoying it! Feedback is always welcome.

1.) No, as the bonuses for liberation (and the lua code) only fire at conquest. Sorry.

2.) Notifications should pop up. If using EUI, keep in mind that same-icon notifications (i.e. spy notifications) will 'group up' into single buttons, so cycle through them.

3.) Promotions are tricky, as the CBP nukes all promotions. The only sure-fire way to do it would be to copy and paste the promotions from the mods into the CBP's promotions.xml file, or to make the leader mod a dependency on the CBP. I'm actually rewriting part of this for the next CBP to make it more compatible.

G

I had another couple of questions that I didn't think deserved their own thread:

1) I'm using the current version 12/18, and on the tech tree Masonry and Construction are reversed; Masonry is in the Classical Era and Construction is in the Ancient Era and leads to Masonry. What is the reasoning behind this change? It literally says in the media entry for Construction that it represents a more advanced form of masonry.

2) What is the reasoning behind the Colosseum being the default building and the Arena being the UU for Rome? Shouldn't these be switched? A Colosseum is a uniquely Roman building while other societies built Arenas of sorts.

As always, I am supremely enjoying this project and thank all involved for their efforts.

1) I'm using the current version 12/18, and on the tech tree Masonry and Construction are reversed; Masonry is in the Classical Era and Construction is in the Ancient Era and leads to Masonry. What is the reasoning behind this change? It literally says in the media entry for Construction that it represents a more advanced form of masonry.
It was switched some time ago, probably for historical reasons. Gazebo is a history-teacher, so we just let him get away with whatever he wants when it comes to names :D.

2) What is the reasoning behind the Colosseum being the default building and the Arena being the UU for Rome? Shouldn't these be switched? A Colosseum is a uniquely Roman building while other societies built Arenas of sorts.
The base civ-game is to blame really, 'A Colosseum' is a terrible thing to start with as Colosseum usually refers to the 'Amphitheatrum Flavium', but civgames have usually kept it as a civ-neutral building for some reason.
Switching them could probably be done but I'm not really sure what that would accomplish.

Mostly because it was called a Colosseum in vanilla, and changing the name will only serve to confuse people for no real reason.

Mostly because it was called a Colosseum in vanilla, and changing the name will only serve to confuse people for no real reason.

You could say the same thing about the Construction/Masonry switch.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post.

I would be ok with Arena being the generic one and Coliseum being the roman UB.

+1 Colosseum is unique to the Roman empire and its legacy in the West. There is no such thing from the rest of the world. Arena makes more sense.

I tend to be very careful about swapping embassies because it might reveal your capital to your enemies. Don't spam it otherwise you are whipped by spies actions throughout the entire game.

Just a simple question....
What's the difference between an Atlantic and a Pacific Ocean rift?

Pacific has islands and Atlantic doesn't. On Communitas one of them is crossable before Astronomy (unless you select 'wide' rifts, or perhaps play on Huge), can't remember which one though, would make sense to be Pacific but don't take my word on that.

I also have some questions. I just completed my first game with CPP.

1) What significance do the percentages after the hammers for build costs have? I am talking about when you go to build something in a city and it says something like 1600 (125%) or 2150 gold.

2) What is plot danger? I've noticed that tooltip among the other info about a particular tile.

3) Is interception on destroyers broken? I know it's supposed to be something like 40% chance, but out of the 10+ bombing runs Japan made on me with their Great War Bomber, only 1 of my like 6 destroyers in the area intercepted over the course of many turns.

Does culture from kills from Acropolis scale with era? Cause it doesn't say so

@Tucker
1) The cost of things changes based on your relative tech level. I think this is what that means.
2) It's for the AI, I think. EUI just let's you see it.
3) No idea.

@Greggy
Not sure. Bump for visibility

Does culture from kills from Acropolis scale with era? Cause it doesn't say so
I read that, at least for another "from kill" bonus, it doesn't scale with era because it scales on the Combat Strength of the unit killed, so it already increases ;)

I read that, at least for another "from kill" bonus, it doesn't scale with era because it scales on the Combat Strength of the unit killed, so it already increases ;)

Acropolis is a building giving a static 5 culture whenever a unit is killed :D. I'm not necessarily sure it needs to scale with era as it already scales with number of acropolis but if the Jelling stone (with the exact same effect) scales with era (as mention in the description) the Acropolis should probably scale as well.

Top Bottom