News: BOTM 108 .. Results and Condolences

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff

BOTM 108: Catherine at Ladies Night

Some a-MAZE-ing games! Congrats to the winners, and I hope all who played enjoyed the game.

Summary of Medal Winners:

neilmeister: 1545 AD Conquest Victory, 178,493 points.

Deckhand: 1710 AD Religious Victory, 161,181 points.

Ronnie1: 1740 AD Domination Victory, 133,526 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

bcool: 1795 AD Spaceship Victory, 133,217 points.

shulec: 1874 AD Spaceship Victory, 113,101 points.

Zhary: 1870 AD Cultural Victory, 48,681 points.

donsig: 2015 AD Diplomatic Victory, 14,092 points.

Other Award Winners:

Ronald: 1858 AD Domination Victory, 85,061 points.

ub40: 1921 AD Conquest Victory, 52,867 points.

ric_hard: 1985 AD Spaceship Victory, 24,087 points.

Pious_Pete: 1902 AD Cultural Victory, 16,514 points.

MarleysGh0st: 1958 AD Cultural Loss, 7,103 points.

greatbeyond: 1975 AD Cultural Loss, 3,950 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed [url=http://gotm.civfanatics.net/players

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Congratulations to all!

It seems nobody got Domination with early-game units only. With a half-hearted reload and permanent strike I got a 1000ish Domination win on this game with Horse Archers, so it's definitely doable.

Congrats to all the winners and players.
And especially to neilmeister - I'm mad :mad: that you played and beat me. I've never had a gold and didn't think myself capable of winning it over the usual victors. Can't believe I got the silver. :D

Looking at the settling map, it didn't seem to matter for placing - but moving looks much better now than settling in place. Must have been an awesome capital. Gold city was my third city and it could only work the gold when it wasn't growing.

Sorry Deckhand, I am very impressed a Religious victory grabbed a medal at all. You will get a gold, I am sure of it.

As for moving, having a super strong commerce tile in your BFC makes a massive difference early on, but as you say you need the food to be able to work it.

Top Bottom