News: BOTM 15 Results and Congratulations

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Here are the results of the February BtS game.

Congratulations to the medal and award winners, and to all who submitted.

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jeffa: 1774 AD Conquest Victory, 260,682 points.

jesusin: 1800 AD Domination Victory, 182,903 points.

Ronnie1: 1620 AD Conquest Victory, 175,025 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Balthalion: 1720 AD Domination Victory, 134,183 points.

Niklas: 1760 AD Diplomatic Victory, 124,503 points.

srad: 1828 AD Spaceship Victory, 93,844 points.

Grey Cardinal: 1650 AD Cultural Victory, 39,435 points.

ianw1610: 1330 AD Religious Victory, 24,858 points.

Other Award Winners:

kcd_swede: 1830 AD Diplomatic Victory, 34,979 points.

Deckhand: 1997 AD Domination Victory, 29,018 points.

Frosties: 1966 AD Spaceship Victory, 17,738 points.

cas: 1905 AD Cultural Victory, 10,853 points.

zarth: 1979 AD Spaceship Loss, 10,336 points.

CyberBocal: 520 AD Conquest Loss, 373 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Congrats to all of the winners! :goodjob:

Thanks and kudos to the staff!! :goodjob: :goodjob:

Nice work breaking into the medals, R1! :D :goodjob: :king: And a fastest conquest too ... oh, and a conquest shield? The tri-fecta!!

No wonder you are the captain! ;)

(I will have to get your secrets ... )

dV

Heh, another mediocre finish for me, but at least I managed to not lose.

Fastest time-played win for quite some games straight for me now :p. One guy who went AP got finished only about 7 minutes slower though.

Wow, an award! So this is what that feels like! :D

Looks like most of the heavy hitters went for other VCs. That's okay though, I'm still happy to snarf up my unexpected gift! ;) On a side note, may I extend my personal thanks to Jesusin for continuing his quest for the gold and freeing up some of the time awards for mediocre blighters like me? :lol: Also, thanks to Jeffa for seeing to it that Jesusin will continue to be distracted by gold for at least one more month. :p

Congrats to all the winners and kudos to the staff for another well-designed and challenging game. :goodjob:

On a side note, may I extend my personal thanks to Jesusin for continuing his quest for the gold and freeing up some of the time awards for mediocre blighters like me? :lol: Also, thanks to Jeffa for seeing to it that Jesusin will continue to be distracted by gold for at least one more month. :p

:cry: Second in score, second in speed. :cry:
There go 44 hours.

Well done people!

Great games people! And thanks a lot DS! :goodjob:

I find it somewhat ironic that I got fastest diplo since I deliberately delayed my win in order to milk for score. I was hoping for a medal, but I won't complain about an award instead. :D

Fastest victory of all?? :eek: 290 years quicker than anyone else??? :eek:

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

What a fine investment of 2 hours & 49 minutes!!! :mischief:

Congratulations to all the other medal and award winners

Well done to Mighty Dwaarf on making it a Chokonuts 1-2 in the Religious Victory stakes - although, just like his beloved Liverpool FC, he misses out on all medals and awards... ;)

Good luck to jesusin in his pursuit of that elusive Gold medal !!

Nice game Jeffa! Way to make Jesusin earn the Eptathalon. Maybe lend him your Y-chromosome for BOTM16. He's going to need a big number on that map.

Congratulations to all of the winners! :goodjob:

And a special nod to CyberBocal- this was Emperor level and I played it out to a submitted conquest loss which I figured might end up with the red ambulance (to go with the green one already in my garage!) :redambulance: View attachment 207677

Adama

Whoa......

What's this? SLOWEST Diplo Victory? Huh???? When I check my personal HoF, I see that this was my FASTEST Diplo victory EVER at this level. Something is fishing in Denmark!;)

I think the game admin need to fix something.:mischief:

Congrats Deckhand on your shield as well... I'm sure that synergy in Unusual Suspects will prevent this from being indicative of our collective performance?:p

Not slowest, there were several slower than you. Checking the list you actually had second fastest. The shield means lowest-scoring win, which in itself is something of an achievement (winning with as few resources as possible). :)

Not slowest, there were several slower than you. Checking the list you actually had second fastest. The shield means lowest-scoring win, which in itself is something of an achievement (winning with as few resources as possible). :)

Mumble mumble... ok... I retract my protest. It wasn't slow... it just sucked. Or OTOH maybe I was just so efficient that.... errr... grumble mumble..

Score carries very little meaning as long as it is normalized (aka you don't lose). Solid play that wins in as few turns as possible with not necessarily yield the best scores...actually it USUALLY won't.

Congratulations to the winners! Especially to Srad, since I was pushing for Space too and got there second. Mumble grumble, to quote fellow Suspect. ;) There's always next time, kcd_swede. :thumbsup:

Mumble mumble... ok... I retract my protest. It wasn't slow... it just sucked. Or OTOH maybe I was just so efficient that.... errr... grumble mumble..
Lowest normalized score confuses the meaning of shields in some cases ... in the late game, later wins almost always score lower, unless one is pop spamming or conquering at the end. Fewer resources might be better indicated by lowest base score ...

In kcd's diplo here, early and low score is meaningful: probably had to have several civs voting for him, vs. more self voting for the rest of us.

dV

Lowest normalized score confuses the meaning of shields in some cases ... in the late game, later wins almost always score lower, ... dV

How True. I had latest finish and got a shield for lowest score domination victory. I'm Happy to get any award :).
<edit> Also had 2nd highest base score! I could have gotten the cow along with the shield:rolleyes:

Thanks Yamps! I'm happy with my first space award. Tried it several times and I was second in BOTM14 and GOTM39. I feel (a little bit) with you ;)

Thanks GOTM Staff!...:)

Congrats to ALL submitters.....:goodjob:

Nice job with the Challenger save Munro! :D

Top Bottom