[BTS] News: BOTM 208 - Dutch, starts Feb 26 2021

Hmmm, what makes Rainforest usually playable is the fact that the area around the starting position is cleared of all jungle by the mapscript and that you get forests or grassland tiles in your BFC+1 to get you started somehow. IMO it would require a leap of faith to send your first settler into the jungle without knowing if there will be such a place.

I don't recall ever playing Fantasy. The virus map last year had some fantasy area, but too far away to enjoy. So I'll make this an easy choice for me and just do Fantasy--for something different.

I don't recall ever playing Fantasy. The virus map last year had some fantasy area, but too far away to enjoy. So I'll make this an easy choice for me and just do Fantasy--for something different.

Have fun! FWIW the fantasy area in last year's map was something I did by hand, so it won't be quite what a script-generated fantasy land looks like.

I guess at some point we should do a real complete fantasy realm map - I think the partial one in this game would be the first time we've used the fantasy map script in a GOTM for quite a few years.

That was probably a lot of work, @DynamicSpirit. Tried to play that map after the deadline had passed (when I came back to the game), but didn't play long enough to locate that area.

Much the same with the Game of Thrones inspired map I made probably a couple of years ago now. Made everything from scratch. Took several days. Was fun, tho, and I learnt more about how all that stuff works :)

I wonder if there's going to be a Humbaba in the Fantasy quadrant...?

Top Bottom