News: BOTM 245 Results and Congratulations

MarleysGh0st

King
GOTM Staff
In this game, Isabella was charged with spreading Christianity, while each of her opponents started the game with their own religions to spread. Would Isabella choose to do this work with missionaries or with the sword? Given that AI resistance to the faith, perhaps it's no surprise that most of you chose the sword. All of our medal winners, Kaitzilla, nocho, and frederiksberg, went for Conquest, while NickTrofimuk and sevnhuts achieved a Domination. Between them in the rankings, Conquistador 63 and Jovan Kukic had Diplomatic victories. There were no winners in the Religious or Space victory categories, so those awards could not be handed out. greatbeyond and donsig received the ambulances, but their AI opponents went to space, so we can presume that the Spanish civilization remained healthy, if not quite victorious, in both of those games.

Thanks for playing, everyone!

Summary of Medal Winners:

Kaitzilla: 1320 AD Conquest Victory, 376,441 points.

nocho: 1515 AD Conquest Victory, 318,750 points.

frederiksberg: 1595 AD Conquest Victory, 275,847 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Conquistador 63: 1600 AD Diplomatic Victory, 211,020 points.

NickTrofimuk: 1775 AD Domination Victory, 161,097 points.

sevnhuts: 1918 AD Domination Victory, 72,275 points.

Other Award Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1690 AD Diplomatic Victory, 191,974 points.

greatbeyond: 2041 AD Spaceship Loss, 5,676 points.

donsig: 1995 AD Spaceship Loss, 3,903 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> You can see and compare graphic replays of all the submissions here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Enjoyable game this one! Impressed by @Kaitzilla's game, not just 20+ turns quicker than what I thought was a pretty fast date, but also on deity rather than immortal. True mastery vs mere afficionado! ;)

Very impressed by the dates here! I settled on the plains hill and thus missed out on ocean access/lighthouse--first major mistake. Then the AI beat me to the GLH--second major problem and I abandoned the game. I'd really like to try this one again and see if I can get anywhere close to the finishing dates of the winners. (Answer: no, I can't.)

Top Bottom