News: BOTM 55 Results and Congratulations

kcd_swede

Jag är Viking!½
GOTM Staff
BOTM 55: Lakota versus Aliens!!!

Game Details:

A scouting spaceship for an aggressive race of extraterrestrials have discovered your planet. They have collected all of the useful metals (aluminum, copper, gold, iron, silver, and uranium) for later confiscation. They have left a beefed up Barbarian nation to guard them, while they return to the awaiting Mothership at Alpha Centauri.

You, Sitting Bull, have had a vision... that aliens will fall out of the sky like locusts upon your people (some time around 2050AD), destroying all works of man deemed unworthy.

You have until then to either mount a raid at Alpha Centauri, or somehow prove your worth as a people worthy of better treatment. Just win the game any way you want will do.:p

BtS BOTM 55 Results:

Summary of Medal Winners:

Jovan Kukic: 1020 AD Domination Victory, 315,156 points.

srad: 1310 AD Domination Victory, 303,440 points.

evil_spock: 840 AD Domination Victory, 256,533 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

Conquistador 63: 1540 AD Domination Victory, 227,741 points.

jesusin: 1460 AD Cultural Victory, 84,655 points.

cas: 1595 AD Diplomatic Victory, 37,313 points.

neilmeister: 1906 AD Spaceship Victory, 36,580 points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other Award Winners:

urbis: 1890 AD Domination Victory, 66,350 points.

Ksiadz Robak: 1957 AD Spaceship Victory, 19,871 points.

Silverbow: 1937 AD Cultural Victory, 11,150 points.

mangetonchapeau: 1935 AD Spaceship Loss, 4,698 points.

donsig: 1966 AD Cultural Loss, 3,496 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

End of BtS BOTM 55 results.

1906 is a sad date for fastest space in a game themed 'Latoka vs Aliens', but I will take it. :)

was my finish date 1595AD ? I could have sworn it was 1695AD...

I like the shield, but I think nocho might deserve the fastest diplo by a turn or two.

cas

For once I'll be wise; I accept being 3rd on warfare. It can't be helped. Jovan_Kukic and evilish_spock are truly bloodsplatter!

Very fun game.
And truly inspiring discussion on the spoilers!

Well, well, top 10 again. I should have played 11 minutes longer, so I would be ahead of jaybone and lymond ;)

Congratulations to all medal winners and thanks kcd for a fun map and concept!
was my finish date 1595AD ? I could have sworn it was 1695AD...

I like the shield, but I think nocho might deserve the fastest diplo by a turn or two.

cas
:lol: Seeing you posted your "unremarkable 1695AD" diplo result I must admit I had some hopes of sneaking a first medal with my own unremarkable 1685AD diplo win as nobody else posted a diplo game (although there is a higher scoring one), but of course if I got beaten soundly by 18 turns I won't and can't claim anything. :)

Congratulation to all.

Why is there no conquest and religious victory this time? Low hanging fruit, isn't it?:lol:

Congratulation to all.

Why is there no conquest and religious victory this time? Low hanging fruit, isn't it?:lol:

I got a simultaneous conquest/domination victory but unfortunately the game decided to give me a Domination. :mad: [pissed]:cry:

Not much consolation getting the (useless for BOTM epthatlon) cow. :sad:

Congratulation to all.

That's true. No conquest. Shoot. I've should have gunned for that, but Huayna Capac refused it to me with early feudalism. @sshole. :p

I never had time to complete my game so never submitted :-( But I just want to say that was one of the most innovative and fun scenarios I've seen in a loooong time. The barbarian cities were brilliantly placed to require a lot of thinking to capture them. And it was well suited to a map that made exploration hard. Well done kcd_swede :goodjob:. I really enjoyed it (and wish I'd had time to finish).

Top Bottom