News: Civ VI 6otM 50 Announcement

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Civilization VI - Game of the Month 50
Welcome to the 50th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or Myself know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities. .
Civ VI - 6otM 50 Details:
Player (You): Gilgamesh,Trajan, Temujin, Philip, Teddy Roosevelt.
Victory Condition: The VC is listed in the saves no other VCs are enabled.
Difficulty: Prince
Civs/City-States (including player): 8/12
Map Type/Size: Continents /Standard Size
Options: . ALL DLC
As it is Halloween tonight, I give you treats. Five games to play this month! Please play them in Era sequence. Each game starts in the civs starting era with the stated VC as the ONLY VC. The Trajan game is set for 200 turns. This 6otM will run until the end of the year to give you plenty of time to enjoy the games. Post your saves as you complete the games, Try and edit the saves into one post :)
This is where you will start:
20181101011747_1.jpg

20181101011654_1.jpg

20181101011518_1.jpg

20181101011109_1.jpg

20181101001424_1.jpg

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

Spoiler :

Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
Spoiler :

Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top winner (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
In development.
This game runs for 2 months and ends January 1, 2019.

Attachments

• GILGAMESH Science .Civ6Save
    444.1 KB · Views: 291
  • TRAJAN score classic.Civ6Save
    454.5 KB · Views: 287
  • GENGHIS KHAN Domination.Civ6Save
    457.8 KB · Views: 232
  • PHILIP II religion .Civ6Save
    461.7 KB · Views: 279
  • TEDDY ROOSEVELT culture.Civ6Save
    465.8 KB · Views: 238
Interesting twist for #50!

What game speed is it within the era? Marathon? Or does the game speed vary with file as well?

Why no Modern, Atomic or Information Era starts?

Wow, so many games :) I'm quite fast player and on Prince it should not take that long.

I see a potential spoiler problem, if all games are reported in the same thread. If I post e.g 2nd game, and someone has already finished 5 games, I cannot post until I have finished 5 games also, because I would see information about games 3,4 and 5. Of course I could try to avoid looking, but wouldn't it be easier, if there was separate threads to report progress on all 5 games?

Agree with JoZilla... if I wait until game 5 of 6OTM50 to report results from game 1, I won't recall what it was I did.

If I remember previous posts correctly, even when conquest is disabled as a victory condition, if you eliminate everyone the game will basically say you won because there is no one else. For score, is it OK to do this and just keep playing to the designated victory condition?

If I remember previous posts correctly, even when conquest is disabled as a victory condition, if you eliminate everyone the game will basically say you won because there is no one else. For score, is it OK to do this and just keep playing to the designated victory condition?
That will not yield the correct VC as it will not give you a turn 200 win

Please check if Roosevelt is truly Culture. Inside the game the victory screen shoes Domination stats only. Though the save file says Culture. I'm not sure what's wrong.

Ok I will try for a sub 200 turn victory as Gilgamesh. Must remember to be aggressive :mischief:

Please check if Roosevelt is truly Culture. Inside the game the victory screen shoes Domination stats only. Though the save file says Culture. I'm not sure what's wrong.
I see the same, the only in game option is domination (and score) victory. Should we play domination or is a culture game going to be substituted in?

The save for the Teddy game says culture, but in game the only victories possible are score and domination.

Top Bottom