News: GOTM 80 - Starts 1 July

neilmeister

Lentils have feelings too
GOTM Staff

GOTM 80: Vicky vs Zombies

Vicky has been biding her time, she has been waiting for a game that will really show her as a great leader. That time has come, because it is time to fight the Zombies. As we all know, there is no modern era monarch better equipped to defeat Zombies than Queen Victoria.

As it is Noble, I am feeling generous and I have left all of the Goody Huts on the map. Happy hunting!

Game settings:

Civilization: England (Leader: Vicky; Traits: Financial, Expansive)
Rivals: 6 AIs
Difficulty: Noble
Map: Archipelago - Snaky Continents
Mapsize: Standard
Climate: Temperate
Starting Era: Ancient
Speed: Normal
Options: Goody Huts NOT removed.
Victory Conditions: all enabled

Vicky:
Vicky is Financial and Expansive; starting with Mining and Fishing. Your Financial trait gives +1 commerce on plots with at least 2 commerce. Your Expansive trait gives +3 health per city, double production speed of Granary and Harbor.

Unique unit: Redcoat (replaces Rifleman)

The Redcoat is a formidable opponent, it receives +25% vs. Mounted & Gunpowder Units.

Starting screenshot

This is the start of the game (click for a bigger image):

Adventurer Class bonuses:
  1. Argh, Noble scares me: You play this game with Deity starting units!!!! 2 settlers, 2 workers, 2 scouts, 3 archers and the original warrior.
Challenger Class Equalisers:
  1. You da king: You play the game 2 levels harder, at Monarch, though AI and barbs are still at Noble.

To Enter the Competition:

This competition will open on 1 July 2012. From that date, you'll be able to get your chosen starting save >>>here<<<.
Submit the save after your victory (or defeat) here, by 1 August 2012.

Software Versions

Windows: This game MUST be played in Civilization 4 (NOT Warlords or BTS), patched to version 1.74, and with the HOF mod version 1.74.004 installed. You can download the HOF mod here. Players using Windows Vista are encouraged to read the notes on Vista fixes here.

Macintosh: This game MUST be played in Civilization 4 (NOT Warlords), patched to version 1.74, and with the Mac HOF mod version 1.74.002 installed. You can download the HOF mod here.

While playing...

Remember - for your entry to be accepted, it MUST be your first attempt to play this game, and you MUST NOT replay any turns. If you make a mistake while playing, you have to live with it, learn from it, and carry on the game without replaying.

We will open 'spoiler' threads during the month for players to discuss what happens in their games. Do not discuss any details of the game outside those threads while it is in progress.

Please write here or send me a Private Message for any technical queries, eg. if you have trouble opening the game. Do NOT post in this thread once you have successfully opened the starting save.

Going to try one city conquest on this one. Unfortunately, it will take 3 turns to get to the hill 1NW of the warrior for settling. Ah, well. Nooble.

cas

So,what about the zombies?
Are the AIs all reanimated dead?
Has the game been modified in any way?
Is the book worth reading?
Flood plains or swine?

Lets just say I had already designed the game and was just looking for a suitable picture when I found that picture.
As soon as I saw it, I was compelled, the tagline: "She loved her country, she hated zombies" sealed the deal.

"Is the book worth reading?" It actually has some pretty good reviews, surprisingly enough.

Yes, you are right. I have amended the text above.

Top Bottom