1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NEWS: TSG67 Announcement

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by Hammer Rabbi, Aug 15, 2013.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

2. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

I think ruins might make more than 2 turns of difference. Some ruins are pretty powerful, an early culture gives easy Tradition without monuments meaning more scouts/faster worker. Early population can be even more powerful. Shoshones early game power mostly comes from grabbing the best ruins consistently.
    Personally, i like ruins but also find them frustrating. I always play with them on, but an occasional no-ruins game is nice for a change.
    Probably yes, unless you plan to explore the map with your warrior and leave your workers/settlers vulnerable to barbs. As for myself, i will build 1 but not 2.

3. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

In BNW, barbarians are eager to destroy your tile improvements, so it is essential to have a defending unit. You can still expore with your original Warrior, but then the Scout must often stay at home (perhaps gaining some sight promotions!) until you have built a defender.

4. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

Woohoo! No DLC, I can finally play one of these things and get embarassed by those who know what they are doing.:goodjob:

5. Muaziz

Muaziz Warlord

^^^ Quoted for truth. Barbs will pillage you to death if you have zero defenders. It will be never-ending and a constant source of nuisance.

I find that you generally want to do 1 loop with a Warrior (maybe steal a Worker around turns 20-30) then head back and defend while your Scout continues to explore.

You can always build an Archer for defense, but if you are going for a fast Great Library you probably won't have one early and by then the Barbs will be all over your improvements.

6. WxDan

WxDan Chieftain

King is my difficulty and I've been meaning to play Morocco. Pushing for Colossus and Petra sounds like an idea. I think I'll copy it and see what happens.

7. Tesuji

Tesuji Warlord

What I do is scout the first ring around the capital with the warrior. Then send a scout out to explorer further reaches. Another task of the warrior, when possible, is to post outside the nearest CS around turn 35 (on King?) and wait for a worker to pop out.

As Morocco I definitely want Desert Folklore. Scouting may still be fastest way to get it.

8. Zilkin

Zilkin Chieftain

Can you play this with the new hotfix patch?

9. leif erikson

10. Muaziz

Muaziz Warlord

Yes it does work. I tried it just to see although did not play long.

PS: Are there any patch notes on the recent patch? Haven't seen them yet.

11. leif erikson

12. Ribannah

Ribannah Fighter Druid

How exactly is the number of turns determined before the World Congress convenes again?

I can't seem to find this rather essential bit of information.

13. Stellarnight

Stellarnight Warlord

Always wanted to jump into the fray for GoTM but I am not at the Diety/Immortal levels:(
    This seem perfect for me as I have not gotten a diplomatic victory in ages.
    First GoTM for me ever. Wish me luck!

I have 1 month to gain a victory right? I'm getting pretty busy with my uni work:( and then there is Rome II:TW.......;)

14. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

Welcome and good luck! And you have until September 15th to complete it since this started on August 15th, so roughly 3 weeks left.

15. Cragspyder

Cragspyder Chieftain

I plan on moving to the coast as well. Hopefully it's not an inland sea!

16. Arnold_T

Arnold_T Prince

where's the beef? no food anywhere? and tundra?! I'm marching south looking for cows, deer, and wheat! :)