News: WOTM 33 Results and Congratulations

babybluepants

Deity
GOTM Staff
30 submissions, and it appears that most managed to negotiate the tricky diplomatic terrain well enough (albeit by means of :ar15:), even if it took some a lot of time and effort IRL. :D

Happy to see that Lexad (benefitting from the "challenger" bonus to post a great finish ;)), Jovan, adrian and lymond took the hint and went for the easy fast culture. :thumbsup: adrianj gets a further nod for the fastest victory by some margin. :eekdance:

Congratulations to the usual suspects srad, Cactus Pete and Fluroscent on their most impressive medal-winning efforts. :king:

I would also like to congratulate The-Hawk, neilmeister and Dhoomstriker on their fast-finish awards. Very nice dates, guys! :goodjob:

Edit: How many different smilies can I possibly use in one post? :dunno:

Summary of Medal Winners:

srad: 1585 AD Domination Victory, 179,698 points.

Cactus Pete: 1520 AD Domination Victory, 160,899 points.

Fluroscent: 1665 AD Domination Victory, 141,149 points.

Fastest Finish Award Winners:

hhhawk: 1808 AD Domination Victory, 111,996 points.

The-Hawk: 1515 AD Conquest Victory, 111,247 points.

Dhoomstriker: 1555 AD Diplomatic Victory, 80,051 points.

neilmeister: 1818 AD Spaceship Victory, 43,532 points.

Lexad: 1495 AD Cultural Victory, 21,125 points.

Other Award Winners:

kcd_swede: 1840 AD Domination Victory, 43,017 points.

deckhand: 1923 AD Conquest Victory, 39,123 points.

adrianj: 1725 AD Cultural Victory, 14,642 points.

smoreau2: 1974 AD Spaceship Victory, 11,009 points.

da_Vinci: 1983 AD Spaceship Loss, 3,234 points.

donsig: 1946 AD Spaceship Loss, 1,648 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.
>> Award symbols are listed here.

Not many choices to settle, it seems. Funny, I didn't even consider 1E an option (perhaps because I knew what was available to SIP), though it's probably the best spot.

Learned one important thing from my first game as designer - MAKE MORE INTERESTING STARTING SCREENSHOTS!

Here's where everyone settled.

The Small Print:
The numbers by each player's name indicate the turn settled on (starting turn is 0). Players are colour coded by game class (challenger=red, adventurer=blue). Symbols indicate victory condition, if there's no symbol then the player either retired or was defeated. The yellow border indicates the land that was visible at the start of the game.

Nice, a shiny gold medal ;)

Congratulations to all who submitted!

And thank you babybluepants for hosting the game and publishing the results so fast!

Congrats to all of the game winners, and especially to the awardees! :goodjob:

Nice setup BBP, a nice change of pace. :goodjob: :goodjob:

For me, something to add to the garage! :lol: Alan, maybe we need a page to list the ambulance recipients (somehow "winners" doesn't sound like the right term :lol:) ... you could call the page the ICU. ;)

(Intensive Care Unit, for our non-native English crowd who may be asking "whaaaat ????)

dV

Yes - I would love a page listing how many Lowest Scoring awards players have "earned" :)

This game certainly felt different. Teams were a great idea, and really screwed with many standard strategies. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to all the award winners :clap: and thanks bbp for the game! :hatsoff:

You can see the Fastest Award & Cow winners, and also the Low Award winners, on the Pantheon of Heroes page, although they're listed three times, for Vanilla, Warlords, and BTS.

Nothing on Ambulance Awards that I could find. Another good name for a listing of Ambulance Awards might be The Motor Pool.

Thanks BBP for a very relaxed game. Awesome fast award dates. By the way I would like to put my 2 cents about the tech trades. It was very lop sided....in favor of the players. I only traded few times because AI pretty much gave all their techs for one of ours. Very unfair. :D I had a blast building way too many wonders in this game. I am hoping to find time to replay a blood bath version of the game. Thanks BBP, the team twist was awsome.

Top Bottom