• Sumer

Votes: 76 23.9%
  • Other

Votes: 20 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which day of the week usually a new civ is broadcasted ?

Mostly tuesdays. Sometimes Wednesday. Once we have seen gandi on Tuesday and Kongo on Thursday in one week.

Depends also on American holidays and events like gaming conventions.

Default pattern for reveals is Tuesday and Thursday. National holidays and game events may shift the announce to Wednesday, in this case the second announce could be completely missed or in some other day like Friday.

But in general developers are free to do what they want :)
For some unknown reason I expect the next civ to be revealed today.

Above hear from the mysterious 2KChina guy? Or have they finally been silenced???

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

Above hear from the mysterious 2KChina guy? Or have they finally been silenced???

Chinese government entered an unlikely alliance with Ed Beach.

I voted Russia but I actually expect Rome to win now, because it has the least amount of upvotes :p (except Poland which is widely thought to be DLC)

RohirrimElf: no there's been no info about livestream on wednesday, just my own feeling as after last twitch stream Anton Strenger said next stream is "coming soon"..

Will there be a civ announcement tomorrow or just total silence like last week Tuesday?

Last week the Civilization reveal got bumped to Wednesday due to Firaxis being busy with the Tokyo Game Show. Similar to how a few other civilization reveals got bumped due to American holidays falling on a Monday.

If all goes according to plan, we should see a new First Look video tomorrow (Tuesday), 20 September, at 0700 (am) PDT / 1000 (am) EDT / 1400 (0200 pm) GMT. If not, then same time but on Wednesday or Thursday.

I wonder how many people voted for 'other' and thought of Isabella as DLC leader for Spain... That would probably be the biggest surprise now.
I can't forget that they showed France without explaining espionage and tourism and showed Spain's fleet bonus without explaining fleets/corps. They also released America without explaining tourism or the legacy bonuses at that time. So I doubt they 'need' to reveal something before showing a civ that uses this mechanic. That also means they are not holding back a civ because it uses some not yet revealed mechanisms.

The most logical order to go in would be Middle Eastern > European > Middle Eastern > European to spread out the reveals and the civilizations geographical location. If Firaxis was logical it would be Arabia or Sumer tomorrow with either Russia or Rome next week. But since Firaxis chooses to not be logical on occasion and the fact that there is no apparent pattern to the reveals, I'm just going to vote 'Other' and let myself be surprised at whatever video goes up at 07:00 AM PDT (my time).

I voted "Other" because I was expecting Gorgo, though honestly I was expecting it before now. At this point I'm guessing it'll be another Civ, probably Russia. Though maybe they'll surprise us with Rome or Gorgo after all!

I voted "Other" because I was expecting Gorgo, though honestly I was expecting it before now. At this point I'm guessing it'll be another Civ, probably Russia. Though maybe they'll surprise us with Rome or Gorgo after all!

If Gorgo is a DLC leader for Greece (most likely scenario) then I expect Firaxis to wait much closer to release before announcing her.

9 hours left. I guess we get Russia or Sumeria . Well get disappointed if there is a no show today. Do the weird Americans have one over their holidays today?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I have high hopes that Sumeria is announced this morning. Gilgamesh is such a cool case of history and legend intermingling.

It seems like ages, I enjoyed all the youtube vidoes of different people playing, I think I learnt more from them than I did anything from Firaxis. The Devs focus on 1 thing that they want to show you where as the game plays are just people enjoying the new game. Would love to see them organise another event for media/youtube. I said other for Gorgo as well but I think that is unlikely.

9 hours left. I guess we get Russia or Sumeria . Well get disappointed if there is a no show today. Do the weird Americans have one over their holidays today?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Not really until we get to October when we have Columbus Day and then again in November when we have Veterans Day. So unless I'm totally missing an American holiday the only real cause for delay of a First Look video would be a game show or Firaxis trolling the community as they know we want to watch the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom