Next expansion pack?

Hi everyone, first time commenting on a civ board been playing since civ 2 that said I would like to see:

News Civs- Ottoman Empire, Mayan, Inca, Native American, Ethiopia, maybe Swedish

FIx air units; They are so goofy now, let me build air units without aerodrome, like every other unit type. let attacking fighting target other air units to clear the way for the bombers, make it so you can combine them into flights and wings, Let me patrol over unfriendly territory (think no-fly zone)

Ok I get it, it was funny the first decade of Ganhi being an a**hole, but now it's old. Can you fix Ganhi so he's not nuke happy psychopath and make him more you know Ganhi like?

Keyhole Satellites would be awesome. I imagine it as an invisible scout moving around the world letting you see through the fog of war, We (America) has 1,000s of satellites so I see no reason not to be able to keep launching "Earth Satellites" and each one giving you a different spot of visibility.

Bring back National wonders but have them built inside of the district they effect (IE Wall Street is built inside a commercial district instead of on a tile)

I would like to see them bring back the civics from civ 4 but keep the policy cards also.

Bring back the UN or WC whatever you want to call it, but make it so you can ignore the results of the votes if you want. You just piss off everyone else doing it.

I didn't mind the global warming system in civ 4 everyone hated what I minded was having a desert tile in the middle of tundra and snow. So improve that. What I was thinking was instead of it turning a random tile to desert, it changes a random tile into something else, something fitting the tiles around it. Thaw the tundra to plains, turn a coastal tile to water, water tile to hills. Have these effects going the whole game as the world's environment is always changing but speed it up with pollution.

Let builders Terraform. But not being insane about it. You can't turn tundra to desert or desert to tundra. But tundra to plains, plains to grassland, level hills, rise hills. Sort of how there are old growth forest in the game now, the game "remembers" where a tile started and won't let you terraform to far from that.

Why can't we build canals and tunnels? Industrial Age we should be able to build canals. Modern Age we should be able to roads on water tiles going only one tile out to sea. Nothing crazy like connecting the UK to America but UK to France makes sense to me.

Bring back sea transports, this embarking land units doesn't fit with history, such as WW2 Hitler couldn't Sealion for lack of transport.

I expect to see 3 new governors in the expansion also. Just not sure what they would be doing other than loyalty.

Speaking of loyalty. Stop having loyalty effect unclaimed tiles. If they are so damn loyal then they would just join that civ.

Also having part of your empire breaking free and starting a civil war would be interesting. I know they (I use the word they loosely here) did this in Civilization Call to Power

Now my biggest Civ dream and I know it's to much for just an expansion, it would have to be brought in Civ 7 but changing leaders. Roosevelt wasn't the only leader of America, Peter wasn't the only one leading Russia. Each civ should have 5ish leaders and every say 50 turns you get regime change. New leaders mean change in international diplomacy. Just don't have everyone changing leaders at the same time.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. :wavey:

News Civs- Ottoman Empire, Mayan, Inca, Native American, Ethiopia, maybe Swedish
My list would be similar, but Babylon/Assyria is also pointedly missing. I'd like to see Austria or Sweden return, but I'd consider them a lower priority than some others (notably the Byzantines, but I can't imagine seeing the Ottomans and Byzantines in the same expansion, and while I find the Byzantines more interesting the Ottomans are at least not Yet Another Greek Civ).

Keyhole Satellites would be awesome. I imagine it as an invisible scout moving around the world letting you see through the fog of war, We (America) has 1,000s of satellites so I see no reason not to be able to keep launching "Earth Satellites" and each one giving you a different spot of visibility.
I agree. In general I think there need to be better ways to make more of the map visible. Mongolia doesn't have a space program, but I'm pretty certain they have access to the internet and maps of the Earth--I don't see why I have to personally launch a satellite to get the whole map revealed. I'd like to see map trading come back as well. Ed Beach has made it very clear that he personally enjoys micromanaging his flock of scouts, but for the rest of us easier modes of exploration would be appreciated. ;)

Bring back the UN or WC whatever you want to call it, but make it so you can ignore the results of the votes if you want.
If the UN or world congress comes back, it needs to be radically better than the previous incarnations. The current state of diplomacy is not encouraging.

Let builders Terraform.
Considering we're probably a couple centuries away from doing this IRL, it would be strange to do it in Civ, which is a historical game not a sci-fi game.

Bring back sea transports
Please, no. That was unspeakably tedious. Civ is a 4X game, not a grand strategy game. I love micromanagement, but there's engaging and then there's tedious.

Each civ should have 5ish leaders and every say 50 turns you get regime change.
Then Civ7 will have about four civilizations. :rolleyes: The real question is will we get the European overload and a token non-European civ (Macedon, Greece, America, and China, probably :p ) or a balanced distribution (Rome, Ethiopia, China, and Aztec perhaps)? :p Also, how will they fit in Gandhi, who we are clearly stuck with for all eternity? :p

I really want another expansion (or at least some more DLC civs*), mostly because I love getting & learning about new civs and their leaders. In addition, more alternate leaders would be nice (COME ON, LINCOLN), and I definitely want some sort of Economic Victory. Oh, and a map editor. Please give me a map editor.

Lincoln better have a voice that is rather high pitched like a male teen undergoing puberty. If his Civ VI depiction were to have a baritone voice, many of us would complain.
Or we could just go with John Adams, who was cooler anyway. :D

Or Jefferson
Though America isn't high on my wish list for an alternate leader, I would want the leader to be Jefferson and have him be able to purchase tiles for cheaper from existing Civs: "Louisiana Purchase" ability.

Or Jefferson
I'm not a huge fan. Not so much because he was a slimeball (honestly, a lot of leaders were) but because I've just never found him that interesting, though the theory that he was autistic makes him slightly more interesting to me. I'd still prefer the irascible John Adams, though. Did you know he's the reason why vice presidents aren't allowed to address the Senate -- because the Senators got so sick of hearing his voice? :lol:

I'm not a huge fan. Not so much because he was a slimeball (honestly, a lot of leaders were) but because I've just never found him that interesting, though the theory that he was autistic makes him slightly more interesting to me. I'd still prefer the irascible John Adams, though. Did you know he's the reason why vice presidents aren't allowed to address the Senate -- because the Senators got so sick of hearing his voice? :lol:

Yes, Adams also said the Vice-Presidency is the most useless government office ever devised by man. He was trying to figure out his role in the new nation and Washington basically locked him out of the room so he went to the Senate to "fix his political muscle" and they got sick of hearing him talk too.

The real problem with Jefferson as a USA Alt Leader, if they actually followed his real inclinations, America in the game would never be able to build a Bank, Stock Market, or Industrial Zone - he was dead against all their real life equivalents!

I'm still holding out for Millard Fillmore...

They got Sean Bean, let's see if we can absolutely break the bank (heck, the entire Commerical Hub) to get Daniel Day-Lewis to voice Lincoln in a DLC pack. I'd pay $20 just for that, Firaxis, but that's just me.

I'd take it only to hear Sean Bean say his name.
"President mi-LARD fil-MAW-ree..." :lol: Though in his defense, while he butchers Seondeok's name, he doesn't butcher it nearly as badly as I was expecting. :crazyeye:

Sean Bean butchering the names of historical figures and nations is one of the best things about the game, actually.

"SCYTHE-IA" :lol::lol:

Wait, how can you be an unintentional feminist?

Sean Bean butchering the names of historical figures and nations is one of the best things about the game, actually.

"SCYTHE-IA" :lol::lol:
My favorite is "hoot-sio pooch lee." And of course Hojo Talky Moon. :lol: Kin Shi Huang just hurts, though. :sad:

Though America isn't high on my wish list for an alternate leader, I would want the leader to be Jefferson and have him be able to purchase tiles for cheaper from existing Civs: "Louisiana Purchase" ability.

If the US got another leader, & they decided to be less predictable (no Lincoln, no Washington), then I would like to see James K Polk get the gig.

Seriously, the bloke literally comes out of nowhere & beats out a number of far more high profile candidates, then goes on to take entire SW of North America from Mexico, buys the Oregon territories from Britain, reduced tariffs & estsblished the Federal Treasury-all in a measly 4 years. Then disappeared as quickly as he appeared. One of the few Presidents in US history who never sought re-election.

Oh, & thank you to They Might Be Giants for informing me of this little known president.

little known president.
I was going to object before I saw you were from Australia. :p In the US he's probably one of our better known mid-19th century presidents due to the Mexican-American War (the period between Jackson and Lincoln is kind of nondescript, but Polk is probably the biggest standout there).

Top Bottom