Next turn- 1100ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Plan 1100AD

From memory, Jayne will move in about 32 hours.

Clear.Orders the two settlers irrigating near Reneaux. DH heads to irrigate Dellham, desperately needed. Other sett walks along River and begins to build Roads to boost Ren Trade. Settler plan above.
Move serfs to continue Celebration, detailed above. One more turn, maybe two at most, unlikely.

Deliver the MD Salt to Elysium demand first.
RC Silk sailing to India.
Next Silk rehomes in RC and walks toward India.
Gold Van approaching Ren waits until next turn, after discovery.
Science toward Explosive Engineers.

Build Magellan in RC after Dip in 2.
Elysium starts $quick $11+$11 Dip in 4, then Isaac.

Our Crusader withdraws, then we kill the two approaching Cats.
Dip near BB goes to Bribe Viking Archer.
FA Phx in FA walks to guard Hillmine. Next turn, FA Phx in BB walks over to help at Routskilde.
Dip and unit or two go to scout Indian Peninsula.
Settler on Boreum ferry builds roads on Wheat Island, prior to founding Wheat North.

Comments?

Interesting choice this turn: TFalls to finish Van in 1, then start Knight, not Barracks. Barracks will soon be ruined by Gunpowder, Knight will aid quicker invasion to capture Lighthouse of Trondheim.

Choices next turn: Knights, Crusaders, or Vans for Marco? And should Ren build a Settler or Aquaduct after finishig the current Marketplace? Avoid Feudalism or not?

Looks good, Gary.

Also, if Jayne plays Monday, I can play next Sunday the 29th. On Saturday, I will be an hour away from home for a family gathering.

Also, I can thank Jayne enough for being available to play all of these times. Have a doughnut on me, Jayne. :D

Hello everybody!
Sorry for my long absence. Last week I had to finish a lot of work at my job (it had to be done before the holidays....) and when it was all finished the flu decided to hit me. Great start of the holidays isn't it?
Anyway, I'm recovering at the moment and I'll try to catch up with the game. :)

So I take it we'll wait with the vikings until we've develloped gunpowder, which will take another 8 turns, approximately? Then we build baracks in cities that are ready for spending some time to prepare for war, like LC. Maybe we can build two or three veteran crusaders in Upps before we get gunpowder if we rushbuy.
We can start with caravels as soon as there are cities ready for it. Preferably Lindow Moss (which btw will not be able to support two settlers at size one), Eboracum, Dellham or The Udal.
The goal is to move two caravels with vet crusaders and a dip round scandinavia and unload + attack Trondheim from sea.
In the meantime:
Bribe rout. archer, explore with the dip and take out/capture new viking city.
We'll use all units in viborg for defensive purposes (maybe except for the vet crusader?).
We'll build a dip that we can get to Hladir only a few turns after Trondeims down and also make sure we have the money.

After those two cities are out, the vikings are history, we'll bribe or attack the rest of the cities and start planning for good uses of the new cities:D
Any objections?

GaryNemo wrote:3. Right Click a spot, then I see the (map,reference)

I don't get that in the version I play the demo game in. I'm using a 'budget game' version of the classic game and not my original copy from when CivII was first released so I assumed it was all up to date with patches.

The settler in LM is because I changed back to the wrong unit after IPRBing (although originally I was instructed to build a settler there!! I think maybe we were originally using the first settler for V3, so another settler would not have caused problems.)

Caravels 1100AD

Jayne moves tomorrow morning in England, in perhaps 20 hours.

Civ Ferry, stays in Beast Flats area.
Cym Ferry, stays in India & Elysium area.
MD Boreum Ferry, stays in Boreum Islands area.
Beast Caravel, w Dip & Warrior, explores around Persia.
LC Caravel, w Dip, explores West toward Russia? Spanish?
Ebor Ferry, stays in Udal LM LoneBison area.

Now Funxus wants 2 Caravels to circle (LM & Hladir?) to Trondheim. Which ones? Well, Udal is about to build its second Settler and die. It has no war unit.
Switch Udal Settler 39/40 to Caravel in 1? Seems prudent. Then start Temple?
I'd rather LM home a Vet Crusader built quickly by Upps Barracks, ditto V3. We can use IPRB frequently, no real need to Rush Buy. We need to steal a Ferry, or find another city to build a Caravel. I don't think waiting for Magnetism is the answer. Ideas?

In a few hours I will post a detailed plan. It will refer heavily to posts in this thread, the various war plans, the recent General Summary, the original Download Serf Changes, Celebration, Caravans for Trade Magellan Isaac.Newton, and Settlers plans. TFalls to finish Van in 1, then start Knight, not Barracks.

Detailed Micromanagement and Build 1100AD

FIRST: Clear.Orders on both Settlers SW of Ren, also None SW of new Pheasant, also Udal now Irr on FA's Green. Do this first so they can all move this turn.

Unfortify Dip SW of BB and go bribe Viking Archer at Routskilde.
Unfortify BF Silk N of RC, move S to RC and rehome, to India.
Unfortify Phx in FA, take road to HillMine.
Upps Knight in Viborg, support in Viborg. Upps Archer in LM, support in LM. Doubles the build rate of Uppsala Barracks to 4 shields.

Deliver MD Salt to Elysium Demand right now, and RC Silver Van sails. Hold the Elysium Gold (one year) until next Science research has begun. Consider shuffling Dips so we can land one on Indian Peninsula.

Switch serfs from MT to CJ so they both grow (WLTK).

Only a few of the needed changes are listed below. Please apply all plans as already stated for comment. Jayne, you might load the game in MP for a look at the coordinates, and I'll not use them next turn - You Can Not Play in CivMP. Ambiguity and recent decisions are listed below. If I've missed anything, please post! All plans have been Listed, Discussed, and.or Approved except new ones (N) = Nemo.

The Most Crucial Immediate Changes
REGIA CIVITAS: Plains serf to ocean, Dip in 2, then Magellan.
Elysium: both shield serfs to ocean, building 5 shields, sw to Dip
Nemo Bay: Silver Van to Isaac, start Knight or another Silver Van?
TFalls: Grass serf to Forest so Van in 1, to Isaac.
LN Settler near TFalls: E E charge, S S Irr GLS on road
Bedfont Lakes: Van 5/50, IPRB=10 $11 one last time.
Ferry W into Bedfont Lakes, unload Caravan head to Elysium Isaac
CJ Settler 2SE of Elysium: Road here, then N NW charge, N Road
Penguin Settler: S to GLS, Road, (N) then Irrigate?

Mordhiemia: Elvis to Plains Road, IPRB $4, grows, Settler in 5
New Settler in York Downs: NW, Road

Reneaux: switch to Marketplace (A), grows to Size=8!
New Ren Knight: ships to Vikings.
Dellham: IPRB $11, DH Sett Irrigate Plains River SW of DH
Udal: switch Settler 39/40 to Caravel in 1 (N!)
Udal Sett charged on FA's Green: Clear.Orders, SE SE Road.
Fort Anarchy: stopped at Size=4, grass to Coal Mine! Van in 1.
Routskilde: serfs to Ocean, Peat, Crusader in 2, grows!
Lindow Moss: Settler 30/40 in 4 NO GOOD, sw to Gems Van.
Upps Barracks: IPRB=20 $8, so Crusader in 5.

Changes after one or more turns - 1100AD

Probably shut down the Celebration, Lux=30 Tax=20 Sci=50% and check two cities in particular: Penguin Flats, and York Downs. Try Elvis, we'll discuss Rush Buy Temples. Then check F4 all cities.

After FA Phx arrives in HillMine, fortify but do not change FA support. Unfortify the FA Phx in BB and send it to help Routskilde problem.
Elysium: IPRB=10 $11 , then IPRB=20 $11, so Dip in 4, then Isaac.
TFalls: Van in 1 for Isaac, then start Knight, not Barracks.

Fort Anarchy: stay at Size=4, Coal Mine! Van, then Temple? (N)
Banana Bay: IPRB=20 $4, grows, new serf onto Whale, not Fruit.
Udal: finished new Caravel, then start Temple.

Questions: New Hips Knight in Upps: caution, to where?
We already have 3 Dips in Viking land: Visible, in Viborg & in V3.
Bactra Warrior: N into Hill Fortress? (N)

To be clear, probably shut down the Celebration by locking Tax=20% and reducing Lux to 30% in 1120AD. Checking the few growth cites Ren Monks CJ Mord, maybe others. Maybe, you can find 2-3 cities that will grow and keep Lux=40% into 1140AD, but surely by 1160AD it is over. Then we must build Aquaducts in RC and Elysium, maybe Ren, we need to think and Road and Irrigate more.

Lux=30% will be standard, I doubt 20% will work since we have let FA grow to Size=3. Just as well, now Size=3 can be our new standard. FA starts Temple.

Just to clear up the swamp issue:
It is most likely that there is a city on the swamp, which is why we can see the irrigation. However, this is not the only possibility. The reason that we see the irrigated swamp is because one of our units has not been in the area for ages. Our map not being up to date, we still see the swamp, but the Vikings have a presence up there and will have made changes that do not show on old old map. If there is a city on the swamp then that will show the irrigation because of a Civ 2 bug, but when we go up there then we'll see what the state of affairs really is. It is also possible that the Vikings have built a city on the end and then converted the swamp to plains and built irrigation there. This is highly unlikey because they haven't got the production to build a settler from the end city but we will just have to guess until we send a dip up there with a pocketful of cash. :)

We can also check if Routskilde has any pink squares on its city plan. It seems very likely that any Viking city to the end of the peninsula would be using the plains square that they irrigated earlier and this will show up as pink in the Routskilde city screen. We will not be using that square (if we are, what the hell for?) because of the 4 lovely specials we have there.

We can also check if Routskilde has any pink squares on its city plan.
I don't know what version you have, but I believe you mean the squares with white borders in my version?:confused:
Also, that square is not within the territory of Routskilde so we can't check it:(
Good Luck Jayne:D

EDIT: I do know what version you have:) Those squares have white borders on a computer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom