Next Turn: 525bc. Vikings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by GaryNemo
The Vikings are surely quaking in their boots!

The Vikings are most certainly not quaking in their boots. Now that we've paid them their protection money then they'll keep coming back for more and we'll have to ensure that they know their place as soon as possible. Not a great start to our diplomacy, but I suppose this was what the people instructed our Queen to do so well done to her! :goodjob: Damned democracy! ;)
I am going to presume that we are not going to concern ourselves with our reputation too much in this game so this peace treaty won't set us back too far. Once our forces arrive in striking distance of the AI though, can I suggest that we demand tribute from them so that they declare war on us and our rep is intact.

OK. Next time I will definately not pay. We will be better prepared for attack then. It was strong unit vs weak unit so I did what I thought was best at the time.

[foreign advisor]The will of the people is: Next time no more giving away money but demanding money![/foreign advisor]

[regular citizen]If we find a Viking city we should definately try to incite a revolt using some of our gold. When bribing a city it will give some gold back and quite often also some units. In the last demo game I recall several cities were bought like this giving back almost an equal amount of gold and a city with improvements and units. If there is a city, this should be quite a new city for the Vikings so I don't think there are any improvements but I do think there are quite some units in there! :) [/regular citizen]

Ok, but the Viking Domestic Advisor is quaking in his boots!

I'd like to hear discussion on potential decisions, otherwise (thinly veiled threat) I'm going to post this Multi-Poll:

Elysium to build Library
Elysium to build Archer
Elysium to build Wonder, probably Cop's
Elysium to build ... Nemo, you still don't get it!

Elysium Warrior (after Temple), send to Police Gabba Gabba
Elysium Warrior (after Temple), send to search for Vikings
Elysium Warrior (after Temple) ... Nemo, Jayne, do what's best
Elysium Legion, release to the North (keep Warrior, GG builds Warrior)

TFalls Settler, Road Silk, then Road to Castle Jayne
TFalls Settler, Road Silk, then Road to Elysium first

We need Caravans for Cop's, 1 Archer at most!
We need more Archers, 1 Caravan at most!

New LN Settler to complete Road to RC on GrassLandShield
Found F4 Forest after few Roads, no guard, build Caravan
Don't Found F4 yet, build quite a few roads for Regia Civitas

Found F3 Forest ASAP, like the Baron said, build Caravan!
Irrigate the F3 site first, choking Civvium doesn't bother me!
Civvium build a Temple after completing Diplomat in 5 turns

Or, perhaps a cooler head can explain how to split up this mind-numbing interrelated set of decisions and approvals...

This is how I would vote:
Elysium to build Library

Found F4 Forest after few Roads, no guard, build Caravan

Found F3 Forest ASAP, like the Baron said, build Caravan
Civvium build a Temple after completing Diplomat

Remember - if you don't comment, you can't complain if things don't happen as you'd like!

Elysium to build Wonder, probably Cop's

We need Caravans for Cop's, 2 Archer at most!

Irrigate the F3 site first, choking Civvium doesn't bother me!

As usual on weekend play, I'm late to the discusion, but will add my $.02 anyway :D Settlers stand a decent chance against horsemen; I probably would not have paid. But that's water under the bridge. Plan for Dip/Chariot/Archer to head North is great. Personally, I would not expend any resources beyond that worrying about the Viks at the moment (other than ensuring all our Northern settlers and newly founded cities have adequete protection. As long as all cities are otherwise well defended (at least a Phalanx) then we need CARAVANS and lots of them for trade and wonder building!! (As soon as we actually discover trade in a couple turns, anyway). While our Northern expedition clears our continent of the odorous Vikings, our empire needs to focus on trade (=science), and I'm not just saying that as the Science Advisor. Let's not get drawn into a resource-draining war unnecessarily with the Vikings. Clear our continent with the minimum force possible, send settlers/defenders North to found cities so it won't happen again, but let the rest of our empire focus on trade/science.

Our illustrious science advisor's comments are well considered and wise. It's my pleasure to agree. Small note: we're sending a dip/chariot/legion northward, aren't we? That's preferable.

Also:
Elysium to build Library

We need Caravans for Cop's, 1 Archer at most!

Found F3 Forest ASAP, like the Baron said, build Caravan!

Jayne (3:40 PM) :
Just finished playing. Very uneventful really except Indians and Persians started Great Wall, and we're researching HBR.
GaryNemo (3:41 PM) : Great!
GaryNemo (3:41 PM) : We are building, The Library of Elysium?
Jayne (3:42 PM) : Yes, just started.
Jayne (3:42 PM) : No sign of Vikings yet
GaryNemo (3:42 PM) :
I'll let you get to posting the save file! (And the picture, that's all many people see, really)
Jayne (3:42 PM) : IronCity and F3 founded.
GaryNemo (3:42 PM) :
I'm very afraid they will kill one of our units.
GaryNemo (3:43 PM) :
Good, F3 on the Forest. I hope ainwood posts his name, otherwise we'll save it for him a while. We can poll F3 .
Jayne (3:43 PM) :
At the moment they are finishing the turn together, with the chariot travelling NW-NE to try and see a bit more land
GaryNemo (3:44 PM) :
Well, back to work for me! See ya! Thanks again for doing our moves, and all the narrative and such. You got to make many decisions this time, eh Queen?
Jayne (3:45 PM) :
3 caravans started, but lots of oportunity to change things

Turn 400BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom