Next Version Preview & Planning

Impaler[WrG]

Civ4:Col UI programmer
This thread is ware I will provide some info on what the next version of CCCP will include and some planning can be done

I'm currently in the process of merging the Total Realism code base with CCCP this will add many smaller mods to the code as well as the Blake Better AI mod. This merging process will likely take a week or more and their is a lot of potential for some instabilities to be introduced

Minor additions include an auto adjusting Civics screen with columns and fonts determined at run time it can handle atleast 8 Civics categories with 10 choices in each category. In normal play it looks almost exactly like the original screen.

Some additional Map sizes and game speeds have added along with GeoModders Ethnic City styles

Any way possible to have some of the boolean operations in the global defines selctable on the custom game menu I mean to the same level as whether or not you want to have tech trading possible or whether or not you want to have slow cultural growth etc. If so it would make those not so smart at programming want this add on included in their game even more so.

Its relatively simple to switch between those two methods once a mod has some kind of boolean on/off switch. The main difference is that a Game option is permanent once the game starts vs a Global Define which can be changed on re-loading. So far I've only put things in game options if I felt it would critically 'break' the game for them to be altered mid-game. Which options do you want to see as GameOptions?

Master Victory for one ( to be honest I couldn't find this anywhere in the xml even) I think that this should also make the other victories unselectable if possible when this is selected

Great General from barbarian combat
great general from animal combat

Mastery Victory will appear in the Victory choices, I can't change the nature of thats screen as its DLL based, Sevos code causes all other victories to be ignored when Mastery is on but theirs no way to reflect this on the Victory selection screen itself.

I'd been toying with making the XP from Barbarian combat the effect of a new XML tag so you could put it on a Wonder (Great Wall?). I'll look into making them Game Options. In general how do people feel about adding large numbers of Game Options? Should we just go to town and have many many game options for rule modifications like for example an Option that turns off the XP after upgrade cap (found in Total Realism) or a new option I added that allows Religions to spread 'orgainicly' when a city already has one or more religions. Many of these feature have Global Define int values but an option to completely Ignore these caps or features might be a bit more intuitive then using -1 in the Global Define.

Personally I think the best thing to do is allow all to make adjustments to their game no matter what level of programming they have. IE Plug and play Civilizations... Main menu options... Insert your own music in this folder to make it work or allow Winamp to run the music. (BRILLIANT!). I am one of those kinda people! (OH NO!) :cheers:

The average gamer doesn't read the instruction booklet when they buy a game they want in game tutorials. The average Civfanatic doesn't want to have to do a lot of messing with code they want options!

Impaler[WrG];5205174 said:
Minor additions include an auto adjusting Civics screen with columns and fonts determined at run time it can handle atleast 8 Civics categories with 10 choices in each category. In normal play it looks almost exactly like the original screen.
Ooh, that will be just the thing I need in my mod since it has 8 civic categories and about max 9 choices in each and I couldn't get the civic screen display civic info texts after I had converted the civic screen to be scrollable.

Top Bottom