NFL week 1

Keshik

TJ's Daddy
What's your take on the first week of the season?

Personally, I was impressed with the Colts performance, especially on defense. Freeney is amazing. They whipped Baltimore on the road in spite of Manning making a couple of uncharacteristicly horrendous throws.

I'm also impressed by the wins by Dallas, Miami, Kansas City, and of course, New Orleans.

There is a thread for NFL you know.. ;)

Theres also about 2000 threads of football/soccer so it doesn't matter that we have one more NFL thread.

There were lots of surprises this week. It seemed like many of the new draftees paid off. The big surprises were Dallas, Jets and Dolphins in my opinion.

what the crap happened to the vikings? that was terrible! maybe they wish they still had randy moss....at this rate, the NFC north is the worst division in the NFL

The only reason the Colts did so well is because Billick's a moron and hasn't been training Wright as a first string quarterback. The best offense of the game came in the fourth quarter. Boller's got an arm, I'll give him that, but it takes more than that to lead an offense. (Granted, Wright did throw two INTs in the span of one quarter, but bear in mind he hasn't seen a regular-season game since 2003.)

MattBrown said:
what the crap happened to the vikings? that was terrible! maybe they wish they still had randy moss....at this rate, the NFC north is the worst division in the NFL

The Vikings missed center Matt Birk most of all. 12 rushes for 14 yards. They wouldn't have won that way even with Moss. The NFC North is no doubt the worst division, and I say that as a long-suffering Vikings fan.

How many games will the Packers win this year, 2?

As well as the Packers, niether the Broncos nor Jets did anything
to make one believe they are playoff teams.

Keshik said:
The Vikings missed center Matt Birk most of all. 12 rushes for 14 yards. They wouldn't have won that way even with Moss. The NFC North is no doubt the worst division, and I say that as a long-suffering Vikings fan.

hope they don't turn into the 2001 version ( ? ) lead the league in offensive but had a losing record because they led it in turnovers and yellow flags too

MattBrown said:

Moss was more of a problem for the Vikings than a solution, personally I'm glad he's gone. The two biggest malfunctions were the right gaurd couldn't block and culpepper had butter on his hands, I'm sure they'll do better next week.

The more I think about it, the less odd it is. The only real odd game was KC/ NY game and that is not because KC won. It's because Pennington and Mawae (Center) were not themselves. I would think they would have worked better together, after the amount of snaps they already had together.

Atlanta: Not weird at all. Atlanta is a good team, and Trotter was out. Besides, Atlanta wanted a rematch, badly. I got this prediction right, basing it on the thirst of the Atlanta team. The game taking place in Atlanta helped.

SF and Miami: Not that odd. They do have new coaches and coaching means a great deal in the NFL. Sure Miami creamed Denver, but I think Denver is overrated in the first place. Miami also has a powerful defense. SF game was a rivalry, and those can be real bitter. They also were playing for their recently departed teammate (yes that does factor in). I underestimated both these teams, but I still don't think they are playoff teams.

Dallas: If you knew what happened in the offseason for Dallas, it wasn't a surprise, especially with Gates out for SD. I have seen this one coming. I thought, with Gates out, Dallas could put pressure on LT, and I was right.

TB: No Moss hurt the Vikings offense, and IIRC TB has a very good defense. I should have seen this, when I made my pick for this game. I admit that I was schocked at the results at first, only to realize my mistake about 20 minutes ago. :blush:

NO: Barely winning against a divison rival is the opposite of odd. It's very normal. Of course, NO has been an unpredictable team. I always have the hardest time picking for or against them. The Hurricane could have been a motivator. It's like flipping a coin with this team. I picked heads, and it was tails. :crazyeye:

The Chargers definitely missed Gates when they were goal to go at the end of the game. It might have been a different outcome with that weapon.

Top Bottom